Post Thanks / Like

ERL/Aquamist customer service

amazed by the customer service from aquamist... long story short, my pump died again, last year i sent it back to ERL, as a paying customer to get the flow rate checked and make sure it was ok after i took it apart myself, checked it the other evening and it wasn't working again so thought i'd email aquamist to see if i could source some parts or get it to them for a refurb... here is my conversation!!!

Mark Butterworth <markeyturbo@googlemail.com>
    Mar 18 (2 days ago)
    to info

Hi there,
    I sent my pump back last year for refurb, it's lost pressure again and all I get is a dribble. Do you have a costing on a new pump (mine is a 806-052) and also getting mine refurbished, as every time I put the car away for a few months it stops working, I've had the pump apart and flexing the seals usually cures it short term but I'd like to know what my options are as my car relies on it quite heavily when the boost is up
    Thanks or your time
    Mark butterworth
    Sent from my iPhone
    Info <richard@aquamist.co.uk>
    8:52 AM (15 hours ago)
    to me

I do not recall servicing your pump last year. Do you have any details of the transaction?

Richard
    aquamist system support
    12:16 PM (12 hours ago)
    to richard

Hi there I don't I'm afraid, although I think it was checked rather than rebuilt as I don't remember a big bill
    Sent from my iPhone
    Richard
    1:00 PM (11 hours ago)
    to me

I check with the goods inward record dated back to August 2011. At no point did we ever receive a pump from you.
    Are you sure you have send the pump back for refurbishment? I need to know this for sure.
    Richard
    1:43 PM (10 hours ago)
    to info

I've got my pump here, I sent it off and got it back shortly after, I think it was tested and returned, all I was after is possibly some info, can you supply a 'core' as the o rings in my pump seem to be brittle and stopping it from making pressure, or please can I have a price to rebuild mine, and can you supply a whole pump if not and at what cost?
    Thank you :-)
    Mark
    Sent from my iPhone
    Info
    1:57 PM (10 hours ago)
    to me

We don't have any spares left. Sorry. There are no replacement pump for this. We have been using USA sourced pump since 2006. The production of the 806-052 was also stopped that year.
    Regards
    Richard
    11:28 PM (1 hour ago)
    to richard

I take it the whole kit is pretty obsolete now then? Ok thanks for your time and sorry for the earlier confusion

Sent from my iPhone
    to me

Mark,
    It becomes a burden for us to service old parts as problem is very installation dependent and how the well the system was looked after and how often was the system being run dry and worn out the pump piston seal. I can spend easily spend several weeks with you on this and ignore support new system still under warranty.
    I don't know why you started out the first email mentioning you sent the pump back for refurb and could not recollect how much you have paid. Later on you have changed from refurb to testing. I suspect you were trying to give the impression of we are somehow responsible to put thing right. You then went on to imply us the problem was caused by a brittle o-ring we used on the pump.
    We have no record of receiving a pump from yourself during the period of August 2011 to today.
    Why do you have a approach us in this manner? It is totally unnecessary. I consider this matter is now closed.
    Richard
    12:10 AM (23 minutes ago)
    to richard

If you care to read from the first email I only said that you had had my pump in the past, then asked for costing, I was in no way implying that you had done anything to it, I think you will find its just a big misunderstanding on your part, I also didn't blame you for a brittle o-ring, it was merely a suggestion as to why it wouldn't pump properly, I was hoping you would be able to supply me some parts so I could get my system working again, that was all.
    Thanks for the great customer service, ill get an AEM kit now as I'm sure they wouldn't speak to paying customers like I have been by ERL
    Thanks for your time
    Sent from my iPhone
    Richard Lamb
    12:15 AM (18 minutes ago)
    to me

I agree, enjoy your AEM system.
    Richard
    12:20 AM (13 minutes ago)
    to richard

Amazing service. Do you mind if I share these emails on my forum so others can see how customers are treated?
    Sent from my iPhone
    Richard Lamb
    12:24 AM (10 minutes ago)
    to me

I would be surprised if you would post the entire conversation so readers can read and respond accordingly.
    Send me a link to your forum if you don't mind.
    Richard
    i'm pretty stunned and amazed by the customer service, or lack of that they display, am i being pre-menstrual, or speaking in another language, can anyone else see what i was trying to say?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ERL/Aquamist customer service

Wow... amazing customer service right there

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloody hell! Someone was having a bad day by the sound of it.

Why not be a gent and send the link for this thread to your new friend.

Water injection is something that I may look in to for my phase 1, though I don't think I'll be running out to buy a brand new ERL system.

Ross

Post Thanks / Like

The way I read that was you wanted to pay for a service parts maybe even a rebuild. Sounds like the fella was having a bad day hope he reads it again with a fresh perspective and realises this.

I myself have only had one dealing with ERL/Aquamist many years ago I bought a kit second hand but it didn't come with the smallest jet or enough pipe work. So rang them up and for just a couple of quid they sent me every type of jet and three meters of new pipe. But was a good 8-10 year ago.

Anyway with good intercooling and now mappable ignition there should be no need for water injection to be needed mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark - post up some contact details fella, I'd like to add to your feedback to this clown LOL. That's absolutely ridiculous.

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol nice work fella

Grumpy tw*t or what, love the way he assumes your trying to get free stuff put of him

Post Thanks / Like

Don't sound like by Marky That said - that was clearly not Marks approach in his conversation.

Post Thanks / Like

I've sent him the link, I emailed info@aquamist.co.uk literally with the intention of spending money... Not anymore! Lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

21st Century customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

Was there a report for the work carried out/receipt for the money paid? If so, scan/take a picture & email them to Richard as proof.

If you paid by card, you should be able to get a statement/transaction report from your bank.

Does the unit have a serial number, or any form of ID markings?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was only tested and came back ok, that's not the issue, I just wanted to purchase some parts, that was all, not be accused of trying to pull a fast one.

I've refrained from any swearing or insults, but they obviously have poor reading skills and are always ready to be on the defensive

Shocking customer service, my kit is coming out now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

That is absolute shocking customer service, he can't be getting any at home that's for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see companies going from strength to strength

Clearly in all companies your going to get some people trying to get something for free due to their own misuse or instalation of a product etc especially when car / tuning related but it is very clear in your email as to what you were trying to achieve and no idea of his position in the company but I be the MD would be interested to see how the front line fair when trying to deal with his compnay...or maybe he does not?

I hate companies with thier heads up their arses and think they are all mighty, protect your company and its reputation but ffs if you dont understand the tone of an email of this nature make the phone call it will be clear very quickly

Bad dealing with companis wheither they like to admit it or not losing work and pains me to see the really bad ones still in business but it is what it is. Well done for sharing!!

If I needed or someone asked me about a water injection kit I would steer them to AEM based on this. Maybe he will reply expaling that he was in fact having a really bad day after finding out his wife of 10 years was not only sleeping with his best friend but she used to be a man...would make me sent stupid mails

DG

Post Thanks / Like

I for one am really happy that their customer service is shocking as I have just sold my spare kit to marky thanks ERL you hero's I used to run their pumps years ago and they kept going wrong so moved to a different make and have never had a problem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    but I be the MD would be interested to see how the front line fair when trying to deal with his compnay...or maybe he does not?
    iirc, Richard Lamb is/was the MD/Director at E.R.L

Not the greatest of replies, granted, but on reflection he might now see that you're not trying to pull a fast one, so perhaps an apology may be winging its way to you later on?

If not, if you feel the same way, let your money do the talking elsewhere.

Fwiw, I had no problem with dealing with Richard/ERL many many years back, and he was certainly of a helpful nature (then, anyway). Judging from the time of the emails, perhaps it had been a long day & it was simply tiredness setting it? Maybe even a glass or 2 of vino as well

Post Thanks / Like

Sent the link to this thread, and this reply

I hope the linked worked for you, if not ill happily send the whole lot. I'm not kicking up a fuss, just not impressed with how my query was handled, if I gave poor customer service like I've recieved I'd be out of a job

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

I don't expect an apology if I'm honest, it won't change anything now

Post Thanks / Like

My reply from ERL:

I read the link, good responses indeed as expected.

I believe I have given you the correct and appropriate responses to your emails.

If you claimed the pump has been refurbished by us last year and you have paid for it, we will bear some responsibility to put things right. That was my first question to you. You could produce a record nor have we found and record of receiving a pump from you between August 2011 to now.

You have since retracted your first statement from refurb' to checking. Regardless of type of work carried out by us, there would be a record. But none after searching through our goods inward record book.

From my end it reads like this:

"You refurbished my pump last year" [not true]. "The pump has stopped working again" [again? This implies bad workmanship on our part].

We has stop production of the pump in 2006. Matter is closed. We are quite strict but fair with our customer support services. If we believe a customer is putting on unsubstantiated claims to burden us with blame, we do react. In your case, whether you meant it or not, that was how it came thorough. Believe me, we have lots of of this type of enquiries often. You may be one of the victims those unscrupulous claims.

You owe nothing to each other, just that are unable to complete your request. I understand you were unhappy so posting our exchanges on the forum might have help to vent your frustrations and do some damage to our customer relationship image at the same time. It is fine with me. Post this up if you like. Nothing to hide.

Richard

On 20/03/2013 13:30, Mark Butterworth wrote:
    I hope the linked worked for you, if not ill happily send the whole lot. I'm not kicking up a fuss, just not impressed with how my query was handled, if I gave poor customer service like I've recieved I'd be out of a job

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Mar 2013, at 00:24, Richard Lamb <Richard@aquamist.co.uk> wrote:

I would be surprised if you would post the entire conversation so readers can read and respond accordingly.
    Send me a link to your forum if you don't mind.

Richard

On 20/03/2013 00:20, Mark Butterworth wrote:
    Amazing service. Do you mind if I share these emails on my forum so others can see how customers are treated?

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Mar 2013, at 00:15, Richard Lamb <Richard@aquamist.co.uk> wrote:

I agree, enjoy your AEM system.

Richard

On 20/03/2013 00:10, Mark Butterworth wrote:
    If you care to read from the first email I only said that you had had my pump in the past, then asked for costing, I was in no way implying that you had done anything to it, I think you will find its just a big misunderstanding on your part, I also didn't blame you for a brittle o-ring, it was merely a suggestion as to why it wouldn't pump properly, I was hoping you would be able to supply me some parts so I could get my system working again, that was all.

Thanks for the great customer service, ill get an AEM kit now as I'm sure they wouldn't speak to paying customers like I have been by ERL

Thanks for your time

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Mar 2013, at 23:56, Richard Lamb <Richard@aquamist.co.uk> wrote:

Mark,

It becomes a burden for us to service old parts as problem is very installation dependent and how the well the system was looked after and how often was the system being run dry and worn out the pump piston seal. I can spend easily spend several weeks with you on this and ignore support new system still under warranty.

I don't know why you started out the first email mentioning you sent the pump back for refurb and could not recollect how much you have paid. Later on you have changed from refurb to testing. I suspect you were trying to give the impression of we are somehow responsible to put thing right. You then went on to imply us the problem was caused by a brittle o-ring we used on the pump.

We have no record of receiving a pump from yourself during the period of August 2011 to today.

Why do you have a approach us in this manner? It is totally unnecessary. I consider this matter is now closed.

Richard

On 19/03/2013 23:28, Mark Butterworth wrote:
    I take it the whole kit is pretty obsolete now then? Ok thanks for your time and sorry for the earlier confusion

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Mar 2013, at 13:57, Info <richard@aquamist.co.uk> wrote:

We don't have any spares left. Sorry. There are no replacement pump for this. We have been using USA sourced pump since 2006. The production of the 806-052 was also stopped that year.

Regards
    Richard

On 19/03/2013 13:43, Mark Butterworth wrote:
    I've got my pump here, I sent it off and got it back shortly after, I think it was tested and returned, all I was after is possibly some info, can you supply a 'core' as the o rings in my pump seem to be brittle and stopping it from making pressure, or please can I have a price to rebuild mine, and can you supply a whole pump if not and at what cost?

Thank you :-)

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Mar 2013, at 13:00, Richard <richard@aquamist.co.uk> wrote:

I check with the goods inward record dated back to August 2011. At no point did we ever receive a pump from you.

Are you sure you have send the pump back for refurbishment? I need to know this for sure.

Richard

On 19/03/2013 12:16, Mark Butterworth wrote:
    Hi there I don't I'm afraid, although I think it was checked rather than rebuilt as I don't remember a big bill

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Mar 2013, at 08:52, Info <richard@aquamist.co.uk> wrote:

I do not recall servicing your pump last year. Do you have any details of the transaction?

Richard
    aquamist system support

On 18/03/2013 23:47, Mark Butterworth wrote:
    Hi there,

I sent my pump back last year for refurb, it's lost pressure again and all I get is a dribble. Do you have a costing on a new pump (mine is a 806-052) and also getting mine refurbished, as every time I put the car away for a few months it stops working, I've had the pump apart and flexing the seals usually cures it short term but I'd like to know what my options are as my car relies on it quite heavily when the boost is up

Thanks or your time

Mark butterworth

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

And probably my final reply to it:

Whether anything was done or not wasn't the question, I asked for a price on parts, which later turns out you were unable to supply. Ill try and find some paperwork just to set the record straight, but I sent it back for a refurb at some point, and it was tested and sent back ok, which it was, I think my bill was £10 or something, but as I said that was never my issue, there certainly wasn't any blame. I know I was vague but it's because the facts didn't matter in the context, I literally was enquiring about pricing of parts/services, that was all and it's pretty clear to see. I'm shocked that its come to this, I wouldn't normally care but I've only continued with this due to being accused of 'trying to pull a fast one', and the fact I asked for prices in my very first email is surely a clue. I'm sorry to have taken up your time but I was literally asking a question, which was eventually answered and it also managed to offend me in the process. It's only because I'm customer facing in my job and the responses I got bordered on rude, I've been calm and polite the whole time, I even asked before posting the conversation but I felt I needed to share my experience that is all. I've spent £100's on your products in the past, I've got the 1s system, dds3 etc and I'm sure there are many bigger spenders out there, but it's made me think twice about how customers are dealt with. That is all, thanks for your time and I wish you and the business well in the future

Regards

Mark butterworth

Sent from my iPhone

What a farce really!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the right answer to this thread.

Richard if you're reading this, with service like that you don't need to worry about the recession, you'll be just fine...

Post Thanks / Like

Marky I remember you sending your pump away as last time it went wrong I offered you the same kit you brought this time. You turned it down as you had your pump refurbed for around £50 i think. Just trying to think when it was though and can't remember did you put a previous thread up you could check that for a date maybe

Post Thanks / Like

Also on page 3 of your project thread about half way down you said you are waiting for your pump to come back from aquamist hope this helps lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    I think it was only tested and came back ok, that's not the issue, I just wanted to purchase some parts, that was all, not be accused of trying to pull a fast one.

I've refrained from any swearing or insults, but they obviously have poor reading skills and are always ready to be on the defensive

Shocking customer service, my kit is coming out now

well i sure will ................ what a completely **** attitude, run by what seems a complete self deluded

to MD of erl .... note for future ref, please read all emails more carefully and be more open minded, as future buisness could be lost, by making myself look like a complete

do we have them listed in the contacts section

if so can we remove them or a least attach this to it, just to remind possible future customers , what they can expect from such a company

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaah what a keyboard warrior!!

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'll certainly never use that company

Richard, apt name......

Post Thanks / Like

"richard the third"

Post Thanks / Like

haha what a bell, regardless of your comment 'refurb/check' you still said you want to repair it lol. So what was the issue. Cant stand companies like this, regardless if its a bussiness or not i expect to be spoken to failry and politely and helpfull.

Post Thanks / Like

What a bell end, shocking customer service. If he had half a brain he would offer you a new fecking pump and make some money

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    My reply from ERL:

I read the link, good responses indeed as expected.
    That smacks of patronisation, and somewhat belittling of the comments made. Still, it takes a bigger man to apologise & admit wrong.

Business must be booming elsewhere within E.R.L when you can downtalk the man on the street...

Post Thanks / Like

Their financial reports dont look too good

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/01...D#accounts-tab

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    That smacks of patronisation, and somewhat belittling of the comments made. Still, it takes a bigger man to apologise & admit wrong.

Business must be booming elsewhere within E.R.L when you can downtalk the man on the street...

He probably commented that he was expecting such comments due to a couple of members saying he wasn't getting it at home etc. which is a bit off in my opinion, I notice the comments have been removed now.

It is appalling customer service, but calling him names etc, doesn't really prove much of a point.

Post Thanks / Like

When i read the original emails, I could tell straight away what he was trying to do...ie get proof of workmanship.

As it ended with your thanks for the help etc he in know way should have responded in the way he did.

Christ you just thanked him for doing jack s@"t and he decides to have a hissy fit.

Someone needs to have a look in the mirror and grow up. He may get this all the time but the conversation between you both was over.

Simple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKinnear View Post
    When i read the original emails, I could tell straight away what he was trying to do...ie get proof of workmanship.

As it ended with your thanks for the help etc he in know way should have responded in the way he did.

Christ you just thanked him for doing jack s@"t and he decides to have a hissy fit.

Someone needs to have a look in the mirror and grow up. He may get this all the time but the conversation between you both was over.

Simple

Totally agree

The 3rd reply should of been the last, even that was borderline rude. To be fair it does seem as though you're slating his/their workmanship but then corrected yourself in the 2nd email, although it was more aimed at a crap pump rather than workmanship, which they have admitted by changing to a different supplier from America.

Hopefully you can find a receipt or something to prove they at least had your pump, that way, as a way of apology for his rudeness they can supply you with a new pump foc.

The customer is always right, even when they're Richard heads trying to pull a fast one. It's how you deal with the situation that matters.

Post Thanks / Like

He sounds like he needs a good shag

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone thru my whole box of receipts, can't find any, I recon emails must have been sent at my work so they are long gone, it doesn't matter though, all I wanted was my pump rebuilt, at my cost too!

Post Thanks / Like

Gutted mark. Would have been nice to link this thread on a few other forums and a quick email off to all the magazines your car has been featured in. After all I doubt he's going to lose much business from the rtoc in the scale of things.

I've spent hours looking for paperwork just to prove idiots wrong, if only for my own peace of mind.

Post Thanks / Like

terrible, i cringed while reading it... can't believe his attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd sign upto as many forums as possible and spread.

Damage that idiots reputation he does not deserve punters money.

Also warn people of poor customer care/aftercare
    Last edited by JRP; 21-03-2013 at 10:00.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    I'd sign upto as many forums as possible and spread.

Damage that idiots reputation he does not deserve punters money.
    Then you would get done for slander

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    True

Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't have to slate him just post what he has said.... People can make there own minds up on there customer service skills.

Post Thanks / Like

Updated as per Richards request....

Hello Mark,

Just to set the record straight. I looked further back on our record and found your returns record:

- Date of goods received from you: 27th May 2011
    - Date of repair sent back to you: 16th June 2011
    - Your water pump serial number: 9916515
    - The nature of repair/refurb' should be with the package.

I have no record of your pump returned for refurb' or testing since that date.

Kindly update the forum. To avoid further complication when dealing with a supplier, just state your requirement and no more.

Regards
    Richard

Missing the point somewhat

Post Thanks / Like

My reply... Again....

Thank you, it only went back one and I wasn't sure when, the car is rarely used so i lost track of time, even though it wasn't a complaint, I was just asking if I could purchase some parts as stated in the first email. There was no need to be defensive that was all I was getting at, I didn't complain that you had done any poor repairs, I literally wanted to spend my money with you, that was all.

Sent from my iPhone

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

This is very poor Mark. He could so easilly have been polite when telling you he required proof of the return before going further. There is curt and there is down right rudeness. One is acceptable, the other is not. Richard was the latter. Great days work, Richard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    Only if comments made where fictitious.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm amazed that this is still going on, being a business he should know the customer is always right, even when they are wrong, and if you listen to the customer you can assist whereas if you don't and are rude then you will get negativity

I've been nothing but polite, I've explained countless times that it wasn't an accusation, I just wanted to spend my hard earned with his company, and all I get bac is accusation, rudeness and not even an apology

I'm amazed they are still going as a company with people working there with that attitude, I'm washing my hands with ERL now on this basis alone

Post Thanks / Like

It's shocking treatment, bet he was a cowboy builder before lol

Post Thanks / Like

Kindly update the forum. To avoid further complication when dealing with a supplier, just state your requirement and no more.

So he wants you to tell us he's done what he should of done after the 1st email, he's found you on the system and can confirm they have had a pump sent in

You told him you had problems with the pump and want to know if it can be serviced/parts available to repair.

After that it's good customer service and manners ie.

Hi mark

I've found you on the system, we had your pump in and sent back in 2011 but nothing since then, all warranties have expired and unfortunately we no longer deal with that pump due to changing suppliers. I can offer you this that or the other which will work with your system.
    Please let me know if I can be of assistance

That took 2 mins and I doubt has the ability to offend.

Take your money else where mark and let this joker run his business into the ground