Post Thanks / Like

So t2 is out but.....

I took the t2 out today as my t25 will be in tomorrow. The cast inside the turbo was all cracked could I of been losing water from in there? When I say cracked I mean all across the back..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So t2 is out but.....

the housings can be seperated from the core, the core is where the water/oil circulates.
    Unless the core is cracked which is pretty unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was Definatley losing oil.. But hey ho the t2 is dead.. I had to kill it to get the water journals out for the t25.. I'm sure I can Get a spare should I need it.. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You could still use the t2 without water cooling if you had too.

Post Thanks / Like

Think I will just use my bike if the t25 gos POP :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Need a gasket for the turbo elbo.. Could I use paste? Or just nip to Renault want this in today..

Post Thanks / Like

Get a gasket. Proper job

Post Thanks / Like

So after battling ALL day putting the t25.49 on I went for a little drive but traffics quite busy so I'm only maneging to hit around 2.5 revs bear in mind Iv only ever had a t2 so I'm thinking Iv fitted it wrong.. Panicking away sat in traffic thinking what could I of done wrong?

So I headed to the dual carriage way to get away from traffic and then gave it some welly 3.5 thousand revs came in and my smile went from ear to ear..

I know you guys said it would be fun but f&£k me.. Came back home for a wash and get some cash because soon as this traffic dies down I'm off finding open roads.. Such a small car should not be that quick.. Glad Iv got the 285mm brakes and new suspension on.

Off later to look at the AFR readings when boosting..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    So after battling ALL day putting the t25.49 on I went for a little drive but traffics quite busy so I'm only maneging to hit around 2.5 revs bear in mind Iv only ever had a t2 so I'm thinking Iv fitted it wrong.. Panicking away sat in traffic thinking what could I of done wrong?

So I headed to the dual carriage way to get away from traffic and then gave it some welly 3.5 thousand revs came in and my smile went from ear to ear..

I know you guys said it would be fun but f&£k me.. Came back home for a wash and get some cash because soon as this traffic dies down I'm off finding open roads.. Such a small car should not be that quick.. Glad Iv got the 285mm brakes and new suspension on.

I remember this time well. It's simply amazing. Well done, but like you say, make sure your AFR's are in check.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember this time well. It's simply amazing. Well done, but like you say, make sure your AFR's are in check.

Post Thanks / Like

So Iv been out do a Few test runs and my AFR is all over the place so I want to run 16psi for now what jets do I need on my carb at the min I believe it has the larger jet in my AFR reads 10 dead when driving slow then boosting its now starts off in the mid 11s then mid 10s so running lean.. Didn't give it too much as I know it needs to be high 11s so what jets do I need for all day boosting

Post Thanks / Like

Mate that's not lean the higher the number the leaner it is most people say 12.1 at WOT

Post Thanks / Like

t2s are nice to drive but bigger turbo bigger smile just makes the 5 all the more rediculous.(but if you get the wrong gear wrong time it can be a little embaressing lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Ha sounds like the voice of experience it's going to take a while to get used to the power difference. It's nearly cost ment relationship the mrs hates it I love it but four months of rejuvenating the 5 has all been worth it tonight when I floored it up the bypass.. I'm currently waiting till she gos to bed so I can nip out again but she won't bloody go

Post Thanks / Like

Take her out itll change her mind

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no no no.. She dispires it.. She drives a fiat stilo at 30mph EVERYWERE she is getting used to my hobbie.. She just sees that I bought a broken car and I spent loads onit.. It's my fault rushing it to get it ready. a few family days should keep her sweet

Post Thanks / Like

lol. suprised your not having to fix the fiat more. Maybe this years National day will change her mind?

Post Thanks / Like

Funnily enough I paid a garage yesterday to put a clutch in because I said I'm not working on that bag of crap yep we will be there with the nipper too. Come to think of it I need to get the tickets sorted Iv already booked the weekend off at work..

Post Thanks / Like

Made the 5 a bit quick for these city streets now
    Guess I need to find some country roads to have fun on petrol usage must be better as I can't get enough room on the roads to give it full boost.. I must be getting old a sensible. What's the next track day for the rtoc??

Post Thanks / Like

So as I say my mrs hates the 5 my mum and dad have our girl today so it was just me and the mrs.. So we were just driving along going for something to eat when all of a sudden some tit came shooting up the back of me and the mrs gave me that stare but with the new power under the bonnet and the open road I thought it's time to 2nd gear kicked in 1.5 bar and my mrs went mental so mission aborted for now and the car passed and laughed at me so Mitsubishi 1 r5 0.. And Iv got a feeling I won't be getting any tonight... But I am loving the boost..

Post Thanks / Like

My mrs goes mental as soon as she hears the turbo spooling! Lol had a few major ticking offs for putting my foot down........funny really because when we first met she used to come out in the five with me all the time!

Now we have kids a house an such like she would rather torch it than come out for a drive with me

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooh oil leak.. Who's the man with the sump washes then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTphil View Post
    My mrs goes mental as soon as she hears the turbo spooling! Lol had a few major ticking offs for putting my foot down........funny really because when we first met she used to come out in the five with me all the time!

Now we have kids a house an such like she would rather torch it than come out for a drive with me
    Lol i misread it at first and thought it said she would rather touch it than go for a drive. i thought.... lucky bugger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    Lol i misread it at first and thought it said she would rather touch it than go for a drive. i thought.... lucky bugger.
    The only time she will ever touch it is when she has a sledge hammer in her hand!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

So as I say my mrs hates the 5 my mum and dad have our girl today so it was just me and the mrs.. So we were just driving along going for something to eat when all of a sudden some tit came shooting up the back of me and the mrs gave me that stare but with the new power under the bonnet and the open road I thought it's time to 2nd gear kicked in 1.5 bar and my mrs went mental so mission aborted for now and the car passed and laughed at me so Mitsubishi 1 r5 0.. And Iv got a feeling I won't be getting any tonight... But I am loving the boost..

Post Thanks / Like

I said the mrs could drive it as long as she parks 2ft away from curbs and keeps the revs down she would be fine.. And the cheeky git said I wouldn't be seen dead in that old piece of crap.. Did I mension the mrs is only 26 you see she Dosnt know a classic.. She seems shocked when the guys at work tell her your fellas cars sweet.. I just can't convert to the rtoc ways.. but I love her so il keep her. The mrs that is

Post Thanks / Like

Right then first time giving it full beans with the t25 on on the motorway pulled like a train to 80mph in 4th can't remember seeing the revs but I don't thrash it. Changed to fifth and it landed on 3000rrvs and died a death on me. Now is it a case of I wasn't giving it enough beans or do I need to do something to help me top end? I'm just thinking of pod times need to get ready for a good time..

Post Thanks / Like

You don't use fifth gear when doing a q/m anyways, all that happened is when you changed gear the revs weren't high enough and you got a touch of the old turbo lag. Just rev it more to keep the blower singing

Post Thanks / Like

My missus is the same just tell her to walk if she dont like it

Post Thanks / Like

my gf was the same 'im not going in that' until she did and as soon as i hit boost i saw a smaile on her face, then i let her drive it and now shes asking me to put her on the insurence as it will be 'cool to turn up to work in' lol