Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gilera Runer Scooter

As some of you may know I have a thing for scooters...
    So i decided to buy a little run around for the summer...
    Its a Gilera Runner 200cc, its a stolen recovered bike, only paid £500 for it, its done 2500 miles, FSH, and runs like a dream...

Every panel has been scratched, cracked and some are just missing... needs new ignition barrels, and keys, and some tlc.

Plan of attack is Remove all panels, repair the damage, buy 2nd hand replacement panels for the missing lots, prep them for painting and paint them... or just buy an aftermarket kit of ebay for £200 - alot more quicker option.

I will need to MOT oh and get a bike licence (will go for direct access for a manual bike)

I will keep this thread updated (not that most of you will care)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gilera Runer Scooter

Oddly enough, I have a thing for Scootays also - not got one, but I could see myself on one.

Good work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Oddly enough, I have a thing for Scootays also - not got one, but I could see myself on one.

Good work
    I had the same as above when i was 16 (only a 50cc,) then brought a Aprilia RS125
    when i was 17 - Hated it, a big bike, i prefered the scooter for riding and twist and go, sold that when i was caught speeding...

When i was 18 i brought another Runner but a 125 version.. was a great scooter, got nicked, was 8 weeks old with 600m on the clocks (

So brought this one cheap, and hope to have some fun with it.. and going to fit decent security to it... including a pmt style imobiliser

Post Thanks / Like

When its for sale in a few weeks let me know as I will be interested. Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5 rich View Post
    When its for sale in a few weeks let me know as I will be interested. Haha
    It could well be for sale when completed... A 125 would save me alot of hassle... Would only have to do a cbt then... Instead of a full licence...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    It could well be for sale when completed... A 125 would save me alot of hassle... Would only have to do a cbt then... Instead of a full licence...

I`ve got a full license so not as bad for me. cbt L plates and sorted if you get the 125. My bike full direct access cost me the best 1k!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5 rich View Post
    I`ve got a full license so not as bad for me. cbt L plates and sorted if you get the 125. My bike full direct access cost me the best 1k!
    Yeh full licence is just a joke... What I could do is do a CBT, then take my test providing I have somebody with me witha full licence for more than 4 years... I could do the direct access test on the 200, but be limited to automatics only.... Unless i do it on a 125 geared bike and have a restricted licence for 2 years...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Yeh full licence is just a joke... What I could do is do a CBT, then take my test providing I have somebody with me witha full licence for more than 4 years... I could do the direct access test on the 200, but be limited to automatics only.... Unless i do it on a 125 geared bike and have a restricted licence for 2 years...

That seems a bit long winded. I was lucky and passed 1st time on everything. Theres no room for error on the bike test as much as the car test and such a small little error can cost you the full license passing