Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: how much bhp from a c1j?

I'm proper struggling with all the faces/names in that photo. I can see JP in the garage (with his head turned to his right), Golden Fingers himself, Deano, Eug', Colin, Tom, Danny, but that's about it.

Actually, the dude in the middle of the 3 lads, in-between Eug' & Colin looks familiar as well, but can't think of his name either - I'm sure he lived Luton way, and had Andy @ AJTuning look after his 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

mines made 270 bhp with a T25 @28psi with some spiking traps at pod were 112mph , at the moment ive abandoned it in the garage, but at some point id love to chase some power by trying a T28 ,wont be for a while though

whats the most bhp thats been made on a c1j running a t25 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post

Actually, the dude in the middle of the 3 lads, in-between Eug' & Colin looks familiar as well, but can't think of his name either - I'm sure he lived Luton way, and had Andy @ AJTuning look after his 5.
    Ras was his screen name wasn't it? I can't remember his real name -
    Was it Shane?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Ras was his screen name wasn't it? I can't remember his real name -
    Was it Shane?
    That's the fella. He was a good lad

Post Thanks / Like

That's the fella. He was a good lad

I dunno what happened to him. I think the last time I spoke to him, he was just about to put his 5 back on the road, then he just disappeared . That was a fair few years ago now!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not forgetting Stuart Clark as well.
    Or me

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reed View Post
    Or me

Post Thanks / Like

I'm proper struggling with all the faces/names in that photo. I can see JP in the garage (with his head turned to his right), Golden Fingers himself, Deano, Eug', Colin, Tom, Danny, but that's about it.

the guy in the light blue top at the front is Jamie Denman.- his car was the purple one shown..
    to the left of him is a guy called Brad.
    two people to the right of denman is me.
    two people to the right of me is a guy who's car i used to work on. (name escapes me)
    to the right of him is Stringy (Matt Vokes)
    to the right of him is Dean
    to the right of him is eugein
    3 people to the right of him is DJ Spida ( Nicky)
    2 people to the right of him is Colin, then Tom and then Fennell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    The golden rule here being that you should almost never believe anything that an RR has to say.

Maybe you can trust it if it's a brand new, top of the line Dyno Dynamics but if the geezas got some old sun roadamatic or bosch 202 in his floor that hasn't been calibrated in 10 yeas then I'd be walking away

As the guys have said, 240hp on a standard internal engine is about the limit. Even that takes some accurate tuning, a good cam and a T28 to achieve. Mart always used to do very well at such relitively small amounts of boost, but most folk find it hard to make 240hp no matter how much boost they run.

Stuart clark has to be No.1 carburetted C1J BHP guy in the UK. He will have had an honest 300+ hp to make the trap speeds he was doing. As he prooved to himself though its nigh on impossible to go any better than that even when he added nitrous and found he went no quicker.

Finally now that we have an EFI powered C1J owner willing to push (or should I say let me push !!) his engine to the limits (Glenn HI5) we are able to see what additional power the C1J can make with the tiny carburettor removed. Glenn's engine is pretty hardcore in terms of build but essentially still runs a standard-ish cylinder head and a common as muck Piper 285 cam at standard timing. It makes 270hp or so @ 32psi boost, day in day out (you can literally pin your foot to the floor in 5th gear, get right up to the rev limiter and not have to worry about anything letting go!) and about 400hp with nitrous switched on. With a carb that would have been very hard to do.

What interested me the most with EFI on the C1J is that up to about 25psi of boost (in Glenn's case) the power output was comparable to that of a well setup carburettor engine. But where as most carb fed C1J's refuse to make any more power past that sort of boost the EFI engine would just keep going and going, responding to more and more boost. We've been able to go right up to the point where reversion has become the biggest problem and so now we're trying a new (actually my old C1J) camshaft to see if it'll help with that.

There you go, probably the longest post I've done for months
    What a top post! cleared a few things up with that. Cheers pal.. Muchos appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    the guy in the light blue top at the front is Jamie Denman.- his car was the purple one shown..
    to the left of him is a guy called Brad.
    two people to the right of denman is me.
    two people to the right of me is a guy who's car i used to work on. (name escapes me)
    to the right of him is Stringy (Matt Vokes)
    to the right of him is Dean
    to the right of him is eugein
    3 people to the right of him is DJ Spida ( Nicky)
    2 people to the right of him is Colin, then Tom and then Fennell.

Who's the ugly fekker 2 people to the right of denman?

Post Thanks / Like

https://rtoc.org/files/Magazine%20Art...2003%20002.png

was that 2001 or 2002????............... a lot of old faces in the photo .........some have moved on to better thing and others have an MR2.......................

Colin's at the back................Deano from brum.........Sparkie...not smileing...............thomas murphy as a fly weight..............................BTW thats a syrup.............................

Post Thanks / Like

is that dean holingsworth to colins right??

Post Thanks / Like