Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: project slowly slowly

Niceone dude, soon as ya get bit of space, - must be grinder and welder time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT Tricky Nicky View Post
    i managed to do a little today, hopefully sold the seats to free up some room and money, so took them out and gave them a clean. also removed the fuel flap as tnt andy needs one, i've got a bond in aero style filler cap to fit so was a small step forward.

i had a bit of a to work out the best way to remove the flap, couldn't get anything in the arch to cut the nuts off, ended up centre punching the head of the bolt and drilling the heads off using a small pilot hole followed by a 7mm drill bit.

felt motivated and wanted to do more but got stressed with the lack of space and crap everywhere so packed up again
    really need to set a day aside to sort through everything and move bits to my house to store, then hopefully i'll actually be able to turn around without catching myself on something.
    Nice one Tricky - The nights will be getting lighter soon, so that will help also.

Thanks for taking the time to remove the filler flap - It'll be nice to have a bit of Bluey on Fluffy action.

Getting a clear work area is going to be Tricky (hahahhaaaaa) but once you've a clear area, you'l see it flows a bit better. Keep at it, I'll have abit more time on my hands within a month, I'll be able to get really stuck in with you.

Good to see a lot more going on over here in the east.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get too excited guys, a small update on progress

felt motivated and wanted to do more but got stressed with the lack of space and crap everywhere so packed up again
    really need to set a day aside to sort through everything and move bits to my house to store, then hopefully i'll actually be able to turn around without catching myself on something.

So just over six months later I got round to finally doing this yesterday. Cleared out my shed, boxed up a few bits which aren't needed and stuck them in there. Made myself a little bit of room and stripped the front brakes and suspension off. Was hoping to get the hubs off to break down and refurb but couldn't split the ball joint, not sure if it's easier to do it on the car or take the joint off the wishbone and do it on a bench?

Like I said nothing ground breaking as lack of money is seriously affecting the plans so just doing things that don't involve spending money

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get too excited guys, a small update on progress

So just over six months later I got round to finally doing this yesterday. Cleared out my shed, boxed up a few bits which aren't needed and stuck them in there. Made myself a little bit of room and stripped the front brakes and suspension off. Was hoping to get the hubs off to break down and refurb but couldn't split the ball joint, not sure if it's easier to do it on the car or take the joint off the wishbone and do it on a bench?

Like I said nothing ground breaking as lack of money is seriously affecting the plans so just doing things that don't involve spending money
    Dude - Ross has an entire front end to stitch on, I have a welder, No cash needed. Get it on. Both mine and Ross's are now almost fully done, say the word chap and we'll TNT it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Dude - Ross has an entire front end to stitch on, I have a welder, No cash needed. Get it on. Both mine and Ross's are now almost fully done, say the word chap and we'll TNT it.

That's the plan mate , making room to actually get in and to get the front end on, will probably do o/s sill and rear bumper plate then get Houdini in to throw a sheet over it and say the magic words so that when the sheet comes off it will be the other way round to do n/s sill and rear bumper mount

Post Thanks / Like

so another year past, renewed my membership

also meant i had to declear the 5 sorn again

borrowed a ball joint seperator from tnt hammond to get my hubs off, had a quick go at it last week but had an epic fail as was rushing it. went back to it last night and got them off. My dad came in as he couldn't hear any banging, crashing or power tools to check i was ok , looked at me a bit like this and said "there's not much left of it now" and left me to it.

now at the point i'll start to rebuild it but i've been thinking about getting the shell acid dipped and e coated to make sure it's 100% rust free and lasts longer as i don't want to have to do this again but not sure if it's worth it? i have heard differing opinions on it

Post Thanks / Like

Yey - Tricky's getting moving on it!

World class my man, world class - is TNT happening tomorrow night for a bit of help your way? Anything I can do to help???

Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya renewed fella, seen programme on acid dipping literally anything which aint solid metal falls off! not sure how much it is, can create more work although at least you know its a solid base to move forward with. Have to catch up for TNT time soon, been ages!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the offer andy but i think my next step will be to take apart the other front end, repair and prep that for fitting. Got to get a new spot weld drill bit 1st and do it at ross's so better wait for him to get home ha ha

hi karl, yes been awhile but that's kinda my fault as well be good to catch up

I've looked into it before as i stumbled across a place that does it when i was looking for someone to dip my engine block. from memory it's around £800 for both processes so it's not cheap, you can then have it back do any welding/repairs and then have it re dipped ready for filling/spraying so totals £1600. i wouldn't send it back though, just do the repairs and send it straight to the bodyshop.

Post Thanks / Like

9 months without any updates, doesn't seem like that long ago. Things are happening and the project still on going, as the title says slowly slowly.

Mainly been collecting parts and formulating a plan, problem is the plan keeps changing.

Hopefully the next update will be more exciting

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it mate, takes while to source some parts now as they are getting abit scarce thesedays

Post Thanks / Like

sorn'd again

That is all.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

you wer'nt kidding when you said slowly slowly

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, although your collection of parts/panels is nearly there?!

Post Thanks / Like

Time flies when you're having fun. November saw the birth of my 1st child, this in turn emptied my bank account and I very rarely have any spare time. Today I actually had some time to myself as he went to nursery due to it being shut on his normal day. I had a few jobs around the house, once completed I ventured into the garage. Mainly sorted out some surface rust & following on from this https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=33364 this happened

Wasn't planning on it and as such forgot to get a before photo

So by my maths I've got another 6 months before I actually do anymore on the 5

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm - nice n speedy - have you got the horn again???

Post Thanks / Like

Not having a car is quite motivational although cycling in the sunshine is also a nice change

Post Thanks / Like

lol chassis number? could post a letter through there!

Post Thanks / Like

Not anymore lol. As I said, was too thin to re stamp once I'd taken the rust back. Thought the best bet was to get the whole lot stamped into a fresh bit of tin and weld it back in ringer style. Just got to find a company to do it for me, will take log book with me so I don't get the wrong numbers

Post Thanks / Like

This will be my last post on here for awhile, my membership expires tomorrow & with birthdays & Xmas on the horizon I really have no money to renew if I can get a lift I will come to the snetterton meet & I'll be at the curry house

As for the car, it has been sorn'd again, it has also found its way to a new home, I now have plenty of room to work on all sides, organise my parts and get the show back on the road so to speak.

Hopefully this guy will renew my membership for me and I'll hopefully have some more progress to report, or in the spirit of the project, maybe not

Will also see if I can get the tnt crew back together for one last job, rumour has it, andy is considering going mad again tnt Hammond is selling ol' red and as for mr raider well, he is just expanding his fleet and will soon be lost in a pile of old renaults

All the best guys

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

This will be my last post on here for awhile, my membership expires tomorrow & with birthdays & Xmas on the horizon I really have no money to renew if I can get a lift I will come to the snetterton meet & I'll be at the curry house

As for the car, it has been sorn'd again, it has also found its way to a new home, I now have plenty of room to work on all sides, organise my parts and get the show back on the road so to speak.

Hopefully this guy will renew my membership for me and I'll hopefully have some more progress to report, or in the spirit of the project, maybe not

Will also see if I can get the tnt crew back together for one last job, rumour has it, andy is considering going mad again tnt Hammond is selling ol' red and as for mr raider well, he is just expanding his fleet and will soon be lost in a pile of old renaults

All the best guys

Nick
    Lol cant afford any more old renaults, - fleet of 3 is more than enough & a fair few spares! Probably be able to pick you up for Snetty, i may have lil'un with me as mrs at work, looking forward to more pics of project slowly slowly