Post Thanks / Like

dirty carb

so after lerning that my car is leaning out. got it home and took the carb off with the intention of cleaning it up checking for blockages ect and changing the jets but find it totally black with a sooty deposit. the lobster is also black. so striped out my intercooler and pipe work to see how much of this sooty diposit is in there but it is only around the lobster and the first 10 cm of pepe before if fades away and no further trace can be found. turbo is clean and so is the intercooler. checked the one way valve and it seems to work as it should. but could this be sticking open and letting oil vapors build up when i park the car up or somthing a bit more of a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: dirty carb

sooty deposit will be coming from the exhaust!!possibly that pipe at the back of the turbo....hav'nt seen one that bad before!

Post Thanks / Like

strange that is ?, ive no idea what could cause it however it would possible explain the leaning out problems is you have that much dirt accuring in there,

Post Thanks / Like

is there a valve on that exhaust pressure pipe??

Post Thanks / Like

michael thanks for the reply forot to say i dont run the pipe from the back of the turbo. thatswhy can not work out how its getting there. the inlet manifold is clean. ill clean the carb up and blank off the oil breather at the back of the manifold and keep a eye on it. not sure if a faulty valve could case this might remove the rocket assembley and aply pressure to the inlet manifold and see if there is a loss of pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

i think its new carb time as found a slight crack. is this the end for this carb or is it not important
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

that dos'nt look too bad(hav'nt seen one there before)usually cracks found around the 2 main mounting flanges...from somebody over tightening the two 12mm or 13mm nuts!!