Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

mixture screw stuck fast in carb base

Got any ideas how to sort this?

I have tried to drill it out and use a reverse thread drill bit but I;m worried I'm stripping the sides and the theads?

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php...pictureid=6430

Cheers

Rob

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: mixture screw stuck fast in carb base

I pushed mine out from the bottom with a new mixture screw, needed a tap or ten but it came out,
    Try putting a little bit of solder on the end of a soldering iron, put it on top of the screw then turn it off so the solder sets and then screw the screw out ??

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I pushed mine out from the bottom with a new mixture screw, needed a tap or ten but it came out,
    Try putting a little bit of solder on the end of a soldering iron, put it on top of the screw then turn it off so the solder sets and then screw the screw out ??
    Ok cheers for reply Deano. I did wonder about the solder but the mixture screw has well and truly been pummelled in and I have half drilled it out.
    So you reckon if I screw an new mixture screw in from the top and force it out? Did you drill it first a bit?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

There's just a tiny hole on the bottom where your screw is supposed to poke out of,

If you look at the carb upside down you should be able to see a small brass needle type bit sticking out at an angle or a hole if its snapped off (which was my case)
    I pushed the tip of a new screw in to that hole, it helped put a bit of upward pressure on the screw while i was trying to get it out,

I didn't drill it out no, i was thinking i would wreck the threads .

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    There's just a tiny hole on the bottom where your screw is supposed to poke out of,

If you look at the carb upside down you should be able to see a small brass needle type bit sticking out at an angle or a hole if its snapped off (which was my case)
    I pushed the tip of a new screw in to that hole, it helped put a bit of upward pressure on the screw while i was trying to get it out,

I didn't drill it out no, i was thinking i would wreck the threads .

Ok. I know what you mean. Aye I have probably fekked the threads

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

See if anyone's got a spare carb bottom ?
    If the threads are fubared then your new screw won't sit and seal properly anyhoo

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll put an ad in the classifieds mate but if anyone wants to sell me a carb batty you know where I am!