Post Thanks / Like

door catch

I have a very odd door catch. sometimes after driving i get out and when i close the door it just bounces open. i have cleaned and oiled the latch and normally the door shuts with such little effort.

Strange it only happens after i drive it only.

Any ideas please? i would replace the latch but it works so nicely the rest of the time.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: door catch

sounds like the inner handle may be sticking. when you go to get out it unlocks but stays slightly unlocked and stops the door from latching. if that makes any sense? you;ll need to lube the inner handle and mechanism and the lock/latch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    sounds like the inner handle may be sticking. when you go to get out it unlocks but stays slightly unlocked and stops the door from latching. if that makes any sense? you;ll need to lube the inner handle and mechanism and the lock/latch

Happend to me last week after some over enthusiastic jetwashing.. My door flew open going round a corner after my bro got out.. I **** myself thankfully it didn't hit a parked car.. Wd40 sorted it then greased it later

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers chaps.

I have lubed the catch from the out side.

Will whip the door card off to check the inside handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    boom! got it in one chap thanks, pulled the mech out the door cleaned and lubed and TA DAH!!!!

thanks for your help