Post Thanks / Like

Intercooler

Hi all i have a problem with my car i am putting the engine and everything back in, I have a uprated intercooler thats ment to fit in standerd postion but it wont fit the lugs line up and drop in but when i put strap on the intercooler fouls on the headlight panal anyone else had this. I have moved the intercooler bracket back so intercooler sits further back in bay and thats seems to of sorted it out but dont look that great

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Intercooler

what intercooler is it? i had a k-tec which fitted fine,im not familiar with the gt tuning bread bin maybe that needs some fettling?

personally if your 100% sure it cant be fitted any other way just make sure it will not rub against anything,so more adjustment on lug hole maybe etc...

thats aftermarket modification for you,dont matter if its cheap or spendy sometimes you have to make it fit best you can,unless of course it was made specifically as the factory intended!

Post Thanks / Like

I aint sure on make its just annoying something so simple becomes so hard i suppose its done now, i do like the front mounts but quite like a reasonbly oe lookin engine bay i will just see how it goes i hot half inch betwwen rad and intercooler now cos alloy dont take much rubbing threw

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

have you tried fitting it both with and without the plastic cold air feed in place as i had one on my old car back in the 90's that was designed to fit without that in place, god knows why but it came with a foam piece that fitted in its place to stop it banging on the front panel, i think i bought it from a company called turbosystems but cant remember if it was their own part or factored

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Autosport View Post
    have you tried fitting it both with and without the plastic cold air feed in place as i had one on my old car back in the 90's that was designed to fit without that in place, god knows why but it came with a foam piece that fitted in its place to stop it banging on the front panel, i think i bought it from a company called turbosystems but cant remember if it was their own part or factored
    Yea no air feed have a look on my project thread i updated it today you will see i had to move bracket back its called my first renault 5 gt turbo project

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

just had a look on there, it looks like its fairly tight up against the aftermarket rad is it the combination of the 2 larger parts pushing it across towards the headlight or is there a gap between the two of them

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think so the rad is a little wider but the standerd intercooler will fit in i got half inch between rad and intercoole and it aint touching anywhere now i will try it and see i think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Autosport View Post
    just had a look on there, it looks like its fairly tight up against the aftermarket rad is it the combination of the 2 larger parts pushing it across towards the headlight or is there a gap between the two of them
    just looked at project thread picture to,wonder if its that tight you could move the rad over a little bit?

Post Thanks / Like

Trouble is that the rad has them 2 lugs at bottom and the clip on top theres no adjustment i dont think i mite be wrong i mite have a look again in morning see if i can persuade it to move