Post Thanks / Like

A198ARX renault 5 gordini turbo

hey guys was just wondering if enyone on here has a renault 5 gordini turbo with the reg A198ARX.as it used to b my dads years ago and was wondering if it is still around cheers

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A198ARX renault 5 gordini turbo

considering how many gordini turbo's there are left on the road i doubt that your dads old one is on this forum...

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't been on the road for over 16 years

The enquiry is complete
    The vehicle details for A198 ARX are:
    Date of Liability 01 08 1993 Date of First Registration 01 02 1984 Year of Manufacture 1984 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1397CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour RED Vehicle Type Approval Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £68.75 12 Months Rate £125.00

Post Thanks / Like

only about 130 of them left on the road.

i checked on the mk1 register on r5gordini.co.uk, and its not listed on there either.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    only about 130 of them left on the road.

i checked on the mk1 register on r5gordini.co.uk, and its not listed on there either.
    what about le car turbo`s.......

Post Thanks / Like

allegedly 8 of them.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

First post!

Hi

Bored and put in the reg of my old 5 gordini turbo to see if it was still alive. FOund your post from couple of years ago asking the same LOL

I bought it from a guy in Gatehouse of FLeet around 1991. I was young and stupid and it never clicked until later that the guy knew it had issues. Warning should have been when I asked if he had a tissue to check the oil and he jumped over a fence behind the car to produce a part oily tissue. Obvious now he knew it was there and had topped it up before I arrived.

On way home it was burning oil on lift off (turbo was on way out) then I discovered it had been overfilled with oil to mask the shagged big ends!

Rebuilt the engine and ran it only to find the oil pump had been the problem and it promptly went the same way. Got fed up so ordered a brand new engine from renault and fitted it. It was faulty and I had a battle with renault UK and eventually proved them liable and they replaced it.

Ran ok bar the regular overheating for no reason. I put a hybrid turbo on it, took it to the 1st ever hot hatch day at Knockhill and it held its own agaisnt the gt turbo, 205s, suzuzi swift, rs turbo's. Wel except the lethal brakes which faded after 1 lap!

Got so fed up fixing it that I traded it in at the Golden Mile Car Centre in Glasgow back in August 1993. Looks from a post on your thread that they scrapped it!!!!!!! I got £400 as a trade in which was less than the turbo I had put in it!

It had an issue and I eventually thought it must have been in a crash. I replaced all the bushes and had it all set up and it never cured its wandering when going over a crest in the road. It would always dive to the right!

WHile i owned it despite it driving me mad it was spoiled rotten, polished and kept in a nice dry garage and endless amounts of nights spent fixing it.

Not sure if that guy was your dad. I can't remember how many owners it had.

David

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I have checked Dvla and it's scraped for sure so no longer available