Post Thanks / Like

clutch adjustment/wires

1st prob, the clutch pedal is very low, and has hardly any play, it wont even go into gear, how do i adjust this?
    2nd prob, the purple wire near the top of the altanator seems to either have a cut in it or isnt connected can some one please explain where this connects too? ive been trying to follow the wire back but just gets lost under the engine.
    many many thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: clutch adjustment/wires

easiest way to explain is to press the clutch down, then side step it so it springs back up, do it a couple of times and it should reset the rachet

if its one of the two wires on the plug on the top of the alt, i think yellow and brown or purple, then one is for ignition feed to the reg, the other is for the battery light

Post Thanks / Like

thanx mark, but no joy with the clutch, its a group n 3 piece clutch, in the old shell the pedal seemed really high, but now on the new shell the pedal looks to be sitting in a normal position but when i put my foot on it it seems real spongy and has hardly any presure, both cables are the same and changing them makes no diffrence, any help here would be great really wanna get the 5out again on the weekend its been a while

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
    its a group n 3 piece clutch
    That's just a standard clutch of any kind. A meaningless term use by so called tuners to swindle.

Group N. N = normal, more or less. Ie a racing class specifying mainly standard original parts.

Re: your pedal, see if any of this helps: https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4732

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
    1st prob, the clutch pedal is very low, and has hardly any play, it wont even go into gear, how do i adjust this?
    2nd prob, the purple wire near the top of the altanator seems to either have a cut in it or isnt connected can some one please explain where this connects too? ive been trying to follow the wire back but just gets lost under the engine.
    many many thanx

sounds like your cable is about to snap....

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    sounds like your cable is about to snap....
    I at least had 2 cables snap but the pedal did not get nearer the floor first.

But maybe that was because the self adjusting mechanism was working and self adjusted.