Post Thanks / Like

Todays Tune Up Didn't Go As Planned

Took my car into Performance 3000 in Yeovil this morning to get the fueling sorted and just a general tune up.

However, When they drove it into the garage all the coolant exploded everywhere! Turns out most/all of the rubber hoses have completly perished (which explains my constant air locks).

So I've ordered a full set of silicone hoses for the rad and coolant. That means I'm now going to have to wait till Tuesday to get it sorted.

Oh well it must have needed doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Todays Tune Up Didn't Go As Planned

did they mention another 5 had a similar problem there? lol the place is cursed

Post Thanks / Like

They neglected to tell me that! I've read some mixed reviews about that place, but the positives out way the negatives and it's local

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but i have heard more bad than good about that place!

Also, HI another local member

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting? The bad stuff that I read was mostly about their approach to customer service (which seems ok at the moment). I've got a Dyno print out of the car a few months back so it will be good to compare it to what they come out with. So up until that point I'm gonna reserve my judgement.

A big factor for me was that it's local! and not too expensive! Mind you K Tech isn't that far away either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikey_r5gtt View Post
    They neglected to tell me that! I've read some mixed reviews about that place, but the positives out way the negatives and it's local

im far from slagging them off! i think they're great! very helpful.

when my hose went it was my fault,it was'nt tight enough.

Post Thanks / Like

keep us posted with how you get on the performance 3000, ive got to get mine set up next month and i am struggling to find anywhere in the south west. Any recomendations

Post Thanks / Like

Try Allen Jefferies in Plymouth might also be on the net as engine tuner. I know they now do mainly jap cars now, but he started in cossies! He's built some fantastic motors and is highly recommended.

It's certainly a good place to start and if i was still living in Plymouth I'd be calling him.

Post Thanks / Like

Unit 1 Valley Road, Plympton, Plymouth, Devon, PL7 1RF
    Telephone: 01752-345880
    Facsimile: 01752-346080
    e-mail: enquiries@enginetuner.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Try Allen Jefferies in Plymouth might also be on the net as engine tuner. I know they now do mainly jap cars now, but he started in cossies! He's built some fantastic motors and is highly recommended.

It's certainly a good place to start and if i was still living in Plymouth I'd be calling him.
    thanks mate, again ive got mixed reviews from people about them.

Will give them a ring and find some info

Post Thanks / Like

sorry mate,i totally disagree with you and probably all of the plymouth members on rtoc.i know of allen jefferies fairly well and he doesnt know the first thing when it comes to renault 5's,so i wouldnt recommend him.i would avoid plymouth all together tbh.

Post Thanks / Like

started in Cossies? he's been around a bit longer than that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robw View Post
    sorry mate,i totally disagree with you and probably all of the plymouth members on rtoc.i know of allen jefferies fairly well and he doesnt know the first thing when it comes to renault 5's,so i wouldnt recommend him.i would avoid plymouth all together tbh.
    Sounds like you have heard what ive heard

Do you know anywhere decent in the southwest, Ive emailed performance 3000 and they seem friendly and helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c5 swh View Post
    Sounds like you have heard what ive heard

Do you know anywhere decent in the southwest, Ive emailed performance 3000 and they seem friendly and helpful.
    if its setting up the fueling you are after?maybe it would be worth while getting a kit and setting it up yourself.plenty of local members that could help you
    Last edited by robw; 23-08-2009 at 00:16.

Post Thanks / Like

There you go then mate. Leave him to Jap cars. If you wait till tuesdays I'll let you know how I get on with mine at performance 3000

Post Thanks / Like

There you go then mate. Leave him to Jap cars. If you wait till tuesdays I'll let you know how I get on with mine at performance 3000
    Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted how you get on

Post Thanks / Like

Alright lads! there was a bit of a delay in the hoses from KTR, so it should be ready by tonight. Watch this space

Post Thanks / Like

Update.

Got a call this morning, however, it wasn't the call I was expecting, apperently the two hose kits I ordered from KTR didn't include the hose from the heater matrix to the header tank and one other and as they are warped as well he didn't want to put it on the rollers. So I picked it up and drove it back.

They charged me £102 to change the coolant and fit the hoses. Turns out performance 3000 is two different buisness'. one for the rollers and tuning and one for the garage. The 102 quid was for the garage and I had to pay 40 quid for the uprated carb jets although they are not fitted yet.

Ive gotta source the two hoses then give them a call so they can do the tuning. Customer service wise is not the best, but they might redeem themselves and be tuning Gods. The biggest plus point for me is they are local.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say. I was sitting at home and my horn randomly went off. Turns out they have spilt coolant on the horn relay causing it to short circuit. I've dried it off and have waterproofed it. hopefully that should be the end of that.

Post Thanks / Like

that sounds rather expensive for a simple job....

is there any reason you cant do them yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

The owner of performance3000 "mike" is very good & very knowledgable,he used to do the rr tuning,but a local company now rent the rollers full time as 3000 took off big time as a worldwide distributor for many top brands.

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I didn't do them myself was the cooling system exploded as they drove it onto the rollers and I didn't wanna risk driving it back through town to my house to do it myself as it was a baking hot day. I thought that once KTR delivered the parts the job could be done in one hour then they could have put it on the rollers straight after. Didn't quite work out that way as the 2 kits I ordered didn't include 2 of the pipes that I need.

You are right Mike does seem to know his stuff. The guy Matt who does the rollers also seems to know his stuff I'm just hoping he can work his magic.