Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-Spray Advice! !

Hello,

I recently purchased a Renault 5 GT Turbo, with the knowledge that it would require a front end re-spray - i.e. bonnet, bumper, 2 x wings & kit.

The car is red, which has recently received a front end re-spray, however doesnt match the rest of the car - hence why i want a re-spray.

I've gathered that red is a colour which is very hard to match, and was wondering if a body shop would be able to closely match the colour with a front end re-spray only?

Thanks again - Wren 5

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re-Spray Advice! !

Hi mate,

Red is notorious for not matching and I bet its 10x worse in the dark.

I dont think I would settle for anything than a complete blow over in the same colour.

Although i'm no expert and you might get lucky if you get the paint code of the paint shop to match it. I doubt it though

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

think your going to find it hard to just get away with a front end spray.... since the paint being old and most red colours tend to fraid badly, so thus your trying to match old paint with new paint making a big difference, but you could try having the whole rear end of the car "mopped" then get who ever paints to "blend" or "faid" the colour into the doors, a pillars etc so that you cant see the old paint joinin the new

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I was hoping i wouldnt have to undertake a full re-spray (But knew i probarbly would)

The engine's getting a complete rebuild in the next few weeks by RICHIE, so i might have to leave it as it is untill i can allocate some funds for a full re-spray

Thanks for your reply's!