Post Thanks / Like

Scottish Modified car show

seeing as my 5 was working i decided to attend a local cruise in Falkirk last night to meet up with a few guys from work , i was not that keen on it but it was a nice night and i was chocking to get the car out for a blast .

As soon as i got to the the retail park i got instantly pulled by the plod and directed to the man from vosa , i thought this is going to be pretty funny ,anyway the car passed all the tests but **** me they were being cocks , i got a 7 day ticket to remove the sun strip and almost got £60 fine for the number plate ,yeah it went up £30 since yesterday ,but the copper had already wrote the ticket with £30 on it and realised he made a mistake and tried to change it to £60 ,i noticed this and argued with him then we came to an agreement that if i could get the full size plate on he would scrap the ticket i managed to jam it between the mesh covering the I/c so i was lucky ,forgot to pack some cable ties

anyway after getting away from the cops pretty pleased i parked up and had a walk around with a m8 , i was beginning to think Falkirk Mcdonalds were giving away GTR's with the big mac meals, honestly i lost count how many i seen , some nice cars there was pretty impressed , got back to the car where i was greeted by photographers from maxp and fast car ,also a few other dodgy characters, anyway max power want to use the 5 in there top 50-100 (im not sure exactly) at the scottish modified car show at ingleston in a few weeks

i never comitted to it cause im scared of the max power slagging id get in here if it ever appeared in there mag
    Last edited by Mudslinger; 23-07-2009 at 21:35.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cruises

Your car is better than that mag mate, honestly.

But your call, go for it and be damn proud if you get it in it.

You've earned the glory I reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

your call, although If I had some bint with fat thighs sprawled across my car denting it in the process i'm not sure i'd be so enthusiastic!

Post Thanks / Like

No chance

Post Thanks / Like

your cars worth more than that cheap TAT mag... as always and inevitable you will do what you want. your car will become a ledgend of the chav land, possibly generating interest thats not welcome.

I wouldnt

Post Thanks / Like

do it! your car will go up a few grand in value!

Post Thanks / Like

damn, fair enough maxpower isnt the most amazing read of the century, but at the end of the day id do it, if you do ever come to sell the car its going to be an added bonus, plus chances are you will prob get some freebies etc autoglym spec etc..

Id do it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

id do it and just think the next cruise you do you can have the mag on your boot install or front windscreen showing everyone

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

It is nice to see your hard work published. It is your choice at the end of the day
    Last edited by phase i 16 v turbo; 04-07-2009 at 12:54.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    if you do ever come to sell the car its going to be an added bonus.
    I disagree with this entirely. I'm far more inclined to buy a car that looks like the owner has built the car for his own quiet, personal enjoyment. Some people strive to get thier 'rides' in certain magazines. The resulting car often smacks of bad money, rushed work and poor quality. Mud's car is anything but. However, keeping such company could be a bad choice.

'Nearly ready for magazine shoot' - avoid
    'Magazine featured three times - avoid
    'Been in Max Power and Fast car' - avoid

It doesn't add anything IMO. Quite the opposite.

Post Thanks / Like

Nay sayers !!

Seriously any publication is good for a car. Even if i saw my car in RAZZLE i would scan it in and big it up.

Fast Car lads are a good laugh and very down to earth. I dont read maxpower but realistically, having your car in a mag is exactly the same as taking it to a show. You want people to look at it, your after a LOVE it or HATE it impression on people.

I personally love reading about mods and cars developments, why on earth would anyone not want to be flicking thru a mag and not see thier pride and joy. Magazines are like trophies. Once you've donr that you can move on. Marky Mark has had cars featured and I can tell you this he aint a chav or poser hes a hero of the spanner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    Nay sayers !!

Seriously any publication is good for a car. Even if i saw my car in RAZZLE i would scan it in and big it up.

Fast Car lads are a good laugh and very down to earth. I dont read maxpower but realistically, having your car in a mag is exactly the same as taking it to a show. You want people to look at it, your after a LOVE it or HATE it impression on people.

I personally love reading about mods and cars developments, why on earth would anyone not want to be flicking thru a mag and not see thier pride and joy. Magazines are like trophies. Once you've donr that you can move on. Marky Mark has had cars featured and I can tell you this he aint a chav or poser hes a hero of the spanner!!
    It's obvious from what I said that I didn't mean that all cars (and their owners) that appear in mags are douche bags. There are plenty that are though, maybe the majority, and I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

I love reading about mods and car developments too. I just don't believe that THOSE magazines are the best place to find the decent, quality information.

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. The idea that getting your car in a magazine is a trophy is in my view, piffle. Have you seen some of the crap they put in, thus awarding the same accolade?

I think if you're more interested in showing off in a mag and less in the self satisfaction element then it's sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrightygtt View Post
    your call, although If I had some bint with fat thighs sprawled across my car denting it in the process i'm not sure i'd be so enthusiastic!
    any dents and she`d get it straight in the s****er!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

if anyone wants to feature my car, i let them...

mine is even in fastcar this month... chav mag? who cares, at the end of the day i get a CD with about 300 awesome pics of my car on

my orange one has been in 3 mags now, redline, pfc and now fastcar, will it make it worth any more... i dont know, or care, because i'm not going to be selling it any time soon

Post Thanks / Like

FAIR PLAY 2 ANY1 THAT CAN GET THERE CAR IN ANY MAG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blick View Post
    any dents and she`d get it straight in the s****er!!!!

i had some bird on my bonnet last nite..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    i had some bird on my bonnet last nite..
    did she get it in the s****er???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blick View Post
    did she get it in the s****er???

Post Thanks / Like

i went to a cruise in my five with a peco big bore 3

Post Thanks / Like

heres the event http://www.scottishmodifiedcars.com/

im thinking the car will look out of place at an event like this far to much kittage and boom box me thinks

to me the top 50 max power cars is the 1's with the most fibreglass and speaker cable

but saying that im thinking its 10 mins down the road and a free day out with the chance for some publicity of the work that my m8 put into doing the engine also some RTOC and AVA advertising and maybe a chance of some freebies

im just not so keen on the cleaning it for preperation , the front of it is still about a 20 mm thick with insects from my trip to pod a few weeks ago
    Last edited by Mudslinger; 04-07-2009 at 17:03.

Post Thanks / Like

for those thats interested heres a link to some pics from the scottish chav fest show

http://www.strathycruise.com/events/...9-photos-1.htm

http://www.strathycruise.com/events/...9-photos-2.htm

http://www.strathycruise.com/events/...9-photos-3.htm

oh and a massive thanks to Rusty for the help cleaning the car on Sat before the show (im sure you will agree it looks mint in the pics 13 year old paint job)

the 5 did look out of place and slightly dated in the pos i got parked , i was of the thinking the cars wouldve been put into sections ,ie retro section , max P section and so on but it was pretty bad planning .
    there was still some very nice cars on show , infact there was probably something for all tastes. some nice asses on show aswell always helps cure the boredom .

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Car looks good, typical chav fest, but its all good.