Post Thanks / Like

How the club works?

No this is not ment as some bullish attempt to have a dig or a go at anybody.

I would quiet simply like to know how this club is run, i pay my fee's and dont have a clue.

It appears to me that the person in charge is not really about, unless to post somthing in a formal capacity.

Which brings me onto the new membership secretry, how is a role like this given to sombody? (not knocking dave in any such way) as he is a nice bloke.
    But how does a club member get to a position where by they can help or do a role in the club, i never even heard that this postition was going!!... not that i would have wanted it to be quiet frank. But it seems the oppertunitie never appeared.

I know of certain roles id do thats not one, but sombody else might have been interested.....

It just seems i dont know what goes on, neither does it seem some of the comittie or the average user aka joe blogs.

Please dont take this the wrong way anybody, its a general interest of how things work and why people are not as active as you may think.

Before we argue just remember sticks and stone may brake my bones (proven)
    but words will not hurt me.... (ever) ...... (unless you call me fat)....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How the club works?

Have you used the search function?

I once posted a thread and had what must have been every member of the committee apart from Sparkie post in it in about 3 minutes.

I didnt even know there where that many committee members. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    Have you used the search function?

I once posted a thread and had what must have been every member of the committee apart from Sparkie post in it in about 3 minutes.

I didnt even know there where that many committee members. lol
    https://www.rtoc.org/club/?show=committee

Theres your main peeps

Post Thanks / Like

From Jrp (sorry forgot to logg in as me)

you two have missed my point totaly.

I want to know how the club functions etc... how to get roles inside the club...

I want the ins and outs of a cats arse hole to how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave..H View Post
    From Jrp (sorry forgot to logg in as me)

you two have missed my point totaly.

I want to know how the club functions etc... how to get roles inside the club...

I want the ins and outs of a cats arse hole to how it works.
    Oh, I got the point dude. I was just highlighting how to get their attention.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, looks like nobody knows how things work or function.... does that mean that their is disfunction? or is it eliteist

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Your membership fee's are put towards running the club...

Web hosting, advertising, Pod Day, ND & other events... the club often lose's £100's if not £1000's at such events but is covered by the membership fee's etc.

The club is doing alot more than in the past, there are 2 big events every year now & hopefully will continue.

As for the committee normally a member of the club puts there name forward for a role & the committee choose who gets certain roles.

Normally speaking if a member of the committee drops out, the committee find a replacement, be that pupicly make an appeal or we talk about it on our forum & we suggest who would be suitable for the job...

When i stepped down from running the shop i started a thread to look for a replacement and 2 or 3 people put their names forward & the committee chose Clee to do the job (and what a fine job he is doing)

Chris Miller is the Club president, he is also a committee member, the idea of the committee is that if Chris is not around the rest of the committee can continue to keep the club running. Chris does not always post on the puplic/members forums but is often on the Committee forum.

Any other Q's feel free to ask, the committee have nothing to hide.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep ...inane drivel ..works every time

Post Thanks / Like

Lock this thread somebody!

Post Thanks / Like

why lock it, i was simply asking some questions as iam interested to know what goes on. Iam entitled to know am i not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    why lock it, i was simply asking some questions as iam interested to know what goes on. Iam entitled to know am i not?
    Of course you are, your a paying member.

The committee was effectively put together when Bruce stepped down as president. During the hand over period from Bruce-Miller, Miller asked certain long standing members (and helpers) of the club to assist him in getting to know and run the club. During this time the club members were asked if they think an individual or a committee should run the club. We voted for a committee.
    This was created by asking for volunteers from the members and Miller selecting the best people for the appropriate roles based on the knowledge and contribution to the club over the years.
    Some of these CM's were at the time very active on the forum, but in recent times have other commitments that dont give them the time for general posts. But they are still there in the back ground, contibuting with the important decisions, giving their time for club business and available for their knowledge.
    Other original CM's have stepped down and (in some cases) been replaced by other members, or the role has been disolved among the other CM's. (for instance there used to be a Events South and an Events North CM, so we combined the role).
    In most cases when a CM steps down we ask for volunteers. But a few times we have approched someone direct, like in Daves case. He is an active member of the club, supports us at most events, helps out with club stuff, and has expressed an interest in the past in getting more involved. So when the Maggie said she didn't have the time anymore our first thought was Dave, as he runs his own business and hosts his own website, he has the sort of knowledge we need.

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on stu, an answer for my question. thank you I was not nocking dave at all as he has been helpful with me and my questions to him.

Just a general how to i guess, for example if a person wishes to get more involved they approach commitie and make their wishes heard.

such a simple question and you have hit the nail bang on the head

Post Thanks / Like

Hi JRP
    Sorry I missed this thread as I have been away all weekend. Everyone is entitled to know where and what their membership money is getting used for. To find out what your money is getting spent on this year (or previous years) you can look up the following at any time, they are updated every quarter by Ian S. Club Files Link

Membership accounts
    Shop account
    Pod account
    ND account

If anyone is genuinely interested we have guidelines at the bottom of the committee page that tell everyone how committee members (cm’s) are voted in. If anyone is interested in helping out within the club then they should pm me or any other cm and we will add them to a list of volunteers….we currently have no volunteers for any jobs when they becomes available.

With regards to the membership secretary position, this roll requires the greatest amount of trust possible as this person has access to the membership funds, where the majority of our money is. I personally feel andI might be wrong but this roll should only be given out to someone the committee can trust without question. Dave volunteered some time ago to do the memberships when Maggie was snowed under with other non-rtoc stuff. I have known Dave for many years and I would class him as a good friend that I can trust with the club funds.I know we have a lot of good people inthe club but I would not like to give this roll to someone thatI have only ever seen posting on the boards and did not know on a personal level.

Regarding my level of visibility/commitment to the club/boards,I am very guilty of not posting much on the boards but the fact that I travel 800 ish miles that takes about 6.5 hours at a cost of about £100-£130 on fuel and shows I am committed to the club. I have always been in the background reading most of the threads but just not replying unless no one else has replied andI know the subject. However I do feel this is not a bad thing. The threads thatI do reply to on the site are on the CM forum. I feel my time is spent better this way, or would people prefer I spend less time on the CM boards and more time replying to threads with random talk that does not help the club run? That is not a dig it is just annoying how often this subject comes up regarding me replying to non-cm threads. I do feel people forget that that the entire committee have full time jobs as well as a home life that must come before the site.I for one cannot get access to the web during working hours so by the timeIget on-line it is always later on in the evening, after I have done my normal life stuff…...working on Reno’s

As most of you will knowI am very approachable at the events that I attend and I feel it is more important that I am more visible at events than on-line. Take pod for example anyone could have came over and talked to me asI was in the rtoc gazebo most of the day.

I have probably repeated things that the other CM’s have already said butI thought it would be better for me to reply directly. Regarding CM’sI would like to re-say what Chris Smith said, whenI am not on line club decisions are still made asI have the same amount of influence as everyone else on the committee.

I hope this has cleared a few things up and has answered your question

Regards
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Its not about the money in fairness, as i know that the club events etc and online costs have to be paid for.

I just was interested in how things work, how the average rtoc'er can become more involved and help out.

Thanks for the reply, so anybody can put their name forwards to help out then the maybe selected? sounds fair.

ta again (and no it was not a dig at you dude )

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the club runs great here, i like knowing our moneys spent on us and not filling pockets.. i once asked on clio"detail my car"sport where the money goes and if the club accounts were free for all to see, i think my thread was deleted after being told to pipe down

i also believe they are taking a cut to do roles in the club, but who knows..

i wonder if any other clubs offer up as much club info as the rtoc does?

Post Thanks / Like

i dont think any other club would use as much funds ( which at the end of the day is money we all have given to join the club ), to subsidise events and make tracktime at the likes of ND as cheap as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    i think the club runs great here, i like knowing our moneys spent on us and not filling pockets.. i once asked on clio"detail my car"sport where the money goes and if the club accounts were free for all to see, i think my thread was deleted after being told to pipe down

i also believe they are taking a cut to do roles in the club, but who knows..

i wonder if any other clubs offer up as much club info as the rtoc does?
    As i already said its not the money, and iam aware of what goes on ive been here long enough. it was really how people can go about helping out and what way or selection goes on.... etc.

If i was botherd about money i wouldnt bet

Post Thanks / Like

I have claimed for a frog pond shelter and my full dump valve allowance It is vital to perform my role

Post Thanks / Like

why dont you volunteer for mallory rtoc barby cook my man...

Post Thanks / Like

The i pay my fee's comment was not aimed at where my money goes.... simply to find out how things work with getting or becoming more active in the club.

Bah humbug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    The i pay my fee's comment was not aimed at where my money goes.... simply to find out how things work with getting or becoming more active in the club.

Bah humbug
    be burger active!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    be burger active!!!

ile eat them all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    why dont you volunteer for mallory rtoc barby cook my man...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm barbecue