Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

r5 project help

hello im close to finishing my r5 project and need a respray my budget has takin a pounding and there for could do with a low cost spray for know i live in derby but am willing to travel canany 1 help please

Post Thanks / Like

Re: r5 project help

Post up your budget mate, maybe someone can recommend a place in your price bracket.

Post Thanks / Like

Really what kinda of budget do you have, materials for a half decent respray if you were to do it yourself will be around £300/£400 id say. Bodyworx in Burton On Trent do ok cheap resprays so you could try them. Really though i would put finishing the car off until you have the cash for a decent spray as in bodywork i believe you get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

I say have it wrapped mate. lasts 7 years (at least) you can have any affect ie chrome or pearlesant. It actually protects the paint underneath and in years to come you can easily go back to standard.

Ps its a £1000 and we do it at work.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate wraps man, give it a few weeks and the wrap is covered in swirls and scratches and dosent give off the same amazing shine that well kept paint does (not that my r5 paint is any good) but each to there own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    I hate wraps man, give it a few weeks and the wrap is covered in swirls and scratches and dosent give off the same amazing shine that well kept paint does (not that my r5 paint is any good) but each to there own.
    Plus also what about the possible rot you hid under it which will raise the wrap off when it bubbles through

Post Thanks / Like

wrap dnt bother with that , if i was you i would save for a good spray job , i went down the cheap root , and it will come back and bit you , save for a proper job ,it will look so much better and it will last in the long run

its the preping time which cost so much