Post Thanks / Like

Some help please...

Just tried to start my car to celebrate the nice weather and take it for a blast up the road but the battery was dead. However, just as I turned the key a god awfull noise starting happening and the hazzards lights stuck on! Obviously I assumed it was the last breaths of the alarm but then realised I had never dealt with an immobiliser on this car before, id always just unlock it with the key and start it. Never touched the fob that came with it. (it looks prehistoric and never seemed to need it tp start).

Sooooo now, I have attached another battery and the noise has obviously stopped but I cant start the car with out the alarm going on? Is this an after market set up or did the phase 1 come standard with an immobiliser? Im assuming its aftermarket (fob claims its a Scorpian kit). Not really clued up on alarms but is there somewhere I can disconnect it? Its fecking annoying as hell.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some help please...

bump bump bump!!

I know its not the most exciting of threads guys but I really need some advice and its driving me nuts. Too dark out to investigate already!

Post Thanks / Like

No immob on Ph1 from the factory, sorry. Looks like a decaying alarm issue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Just tried to start my car to celebrate the nice weather and take it for a blast up the road but the battery was dead. However, just as I turned the key a god awfull noise starting happening and the hazzards lights stuck on! Obviously I assumed it was the last breaths of the alarm but then realised I had never dealt with an immobiliser on this car before, id always just unlock it with the key and start it. Never touched the fob that came with it. (it looks prehistoric and never seemed to need it tp start).

Sooooo now, I have attached another battery and the noise has obviously stopped but I cant start the car with out the alarm going on? Is this an after market set up or did the phase 1 come standard with an immobiliser? Im assuming its aftermarket (fob claims its a Scorpian kit). Not really clued up on alarms but is there somewhere I can disconnect it? Its fecking annoying as hell.

Cheers!
    find the bell an if you got a key turn it off,or try to disconnect bell an see
    what happens...