Post Thanks / Like

285 Disc wheel clearance

Hi Guys and Gals,

There is a Clio lad over here with some rims he's said I can have but, I want to know if they will clear the 285 TXI type brake discs? See pic below:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1926/04022009049nm5.jpg

Also, does anyone know how heavy these wheels are?

Woz

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 285 Disc wheel clearance

Even though the wheels are free, the shipping from Perth to Sydney will no doubt be quite expensive. It takes about 5 hrs to fly between them!

If someone has these rims on their 5 and is using the R21 TXI big brake disc and caliper extender brackets or has just tried them, i'd love to hear from you.

Post Thanks / Like

They look like Clio 172 rims, going on memory i think they would clear but couldn't be deffinate. See if you could get some measurements of the owner of them and work out where the disc would sit in the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

Iirc someone else was asking about those wheels off a Clio and it came back as spacers are needed for them to fit as for the 285 brakes as long as they are 15" inch or bigger it should be fine, don't kno about weight thought but would imagine they've got a bit of weight to them as my girlfriend has a similar wheel on hers Clio and they aren't light

Post Thanks / Like

They should be OK re the brake disc but will prob need a spacer to clear the caliper. i.e. not the diameter but the inside of the spkes fouling the face of the caliper. I needed a 5mm spacer plate. Cant you borrow a similar wheel to trial fit from someone close to home?

Post Thanks / Like

If that alloy wheel IS a 172 wheel it will be 16" as IIRC they fitted 5 spoke wheels in that size to all the phase 2 172 models. The OE phase 1 wheels are OZ F1 Cup wheels and are 15". The wheel in the pic could have been fitted to a phase 2 Renault Clio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    If that alloy wheel IS a 172 wheel it will be 16" as IIRC they fitted 5 spoke wheels in that size to all the phase 2 172 models. The OE phase 1 wheels are OZ F1 Cup wheels and are 15". The wheel in the pic could have been fitted to a phase 2 Renault Clio
    The guy said they were from a Clio 172 MK2 but also said they were 15" and is also giving away some 195/50/15 tyres with them (not fitted to them) and has sent pictures of both.

I thought that they were 16s but the tyres say otherwise? I'll send him an email to confirm either way.

If I was to run 7x16s I think I would need some 195/40/16 tyres, which I don't think are available in Oz?