Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

No fuel to motor

Hi chaps hoping someone can help.
    I was driving my 88 gt turbo to work about 8 months ago and it decided to cut out on me.
    I was sat there trying to crank her and she was having none of it. When I put the ignition on I can't hear the fuel pump load. I seem to have no power running to the pump. I have changed the fuel pump relay and checked all the fuses and none have blown. If I put direct power to the pump it will load and engage. My fuel pressure regulator is showing no pressure. I went to my only car electrician in jersey and he said he wasn't interested in looking at it because of the age of the car. I'm pretty stuck.

Any 1 have any ideas????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No fuel to motor

So to confirm switch live from ign and pump not priming but pump proved to be working giving direct feed

Is the engine turning over?

While you have changed the relay and fuses are you able to check voltages at the relay? Assuming no fuel going to the carb based no pump not wirling but maybe worth taking the feed off to check also

You dont have an alarm system on the car which may be playing a part?

DG

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes when I turn the ignition on the pump doesn't prime. If I put power to it it does so it seems there is no power getting to the pump. I have an alarm system on it and the car still tries to crank over it just won't fire because there is no fuel. I had the car converted to injection so no carb

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Could the people who did the conversion help?

Sound like an immobiliser relay, or a wiring fault.