Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Starvation ??

Well I think it is .
    Every now and then I get a slight miss .Sometimes when flooring it it will miss a beat .Had it today about 6 times ,all slight when flooring it but a much bigger one coming out of a left hander . Also I think I'm getting evaporation after a good thrashing ,car will conk out if I let it ,I can keep it running with some pedal but then it won't start again for about 20 mins and is fine thereafter .
    Whats the bets way round this sort of thing ? I've got a pump/filter at the front, this feeds a little tank at the rear then a 255l pump and filter.I have a bigger pump to go at the front ,see if that makes any difference .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuel Starvation ??

might be worth priming the fuel system with fuel first....run a switch to turn on the pumps first, before starting the car.- say only for 10seconds. get rid of the warm fuel from the system.

Post Thanks / Like

I need to put my uprated front pump on so I'll look at that .It only does it once during a track day ,but the bay does get very heatsoaked .

Post Thanks / Like

i thought fuel only evaporated if it has somewhere to go?, i get it on track in my car tho, if i have low petrol and hit a long corner it usually splutters as i try and accelerate, will prob end up putting a swirl pot with a second pump in the car somewhere

Post Thanks / Like

It could be the hot start on the Adaptronic ? Or it may be a little bit of an electrickery gremlin .It's difficult to determine ,but it does do it mostly when I've got half a tank or less .At Mallory it happened at the hairpin with about 5 galls on board ,put 20 liters in and it went away .

Post Thanks / Like

The track GTiR's suffered from fuel surge alot, more so when they were low on petrol.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like its dragging air in. For the hot start issue are you running a MAT sensor? Depending on its location it could be heatsoaking giving the ecu a headache.

Post Thanks / Like

One is there but playing silly buggers reading 80 c all the time .Not sure what Scoffs got dialed in for it ,I'll have to look if it's correcting or left out for now . Ecu could be an issue as it's mounted right behind the turbo in the GTA original position .I've insulated it but it can't hurt to space it out a bit more from the bulkhead .

Post Thanks / Like

remove the MAT sensor and see what happens. If its reading 80deg all the time then could be a problem. Try and recalibrate it and see if it reads sensible.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it will be a mapping issue lee, it would have to get a lot richer before it would prevent it from firing. but it may be, you can try it - next time it does it connect the laptop and reduce the whole cranking fuel table and see if it fires. if it does then leave the crank fuel at that lower ammount and hope that there is enough to fire it when cold. the problem we have is that there is no trim for air temperature on the cranking fuel table, only coolant temperature. you have to find a happy medium that lets you fire all of the time. My own car for instance is tricky to start when its v.hot, I can't reduce crank fuel else it's hard to start at any other time.

you should also try starting with your foot flat on the floor, leave it there till it catch's, that may help, but don't pump the throttle since you'll only add more fuel.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not overly concerned on the hot start .It does not like it but will fire up eventually so it's something simple I'm sure
    It's more the miss that I'm trying to sort .It is similar to that we had before under full load .

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

remember that the injectors were on the limit and they did some funny things when we pushed it any further, it could well be that again. will you ever fit those new injectors ?

Post Thanks / Like

I might ,I might .
    Though the weather looks dodgy ( as usual ) and these things always seem to overrun ................
    I'll put them in after I've backed it out the way

Post Thanks / Like

I had exactly the same thing when my front pump was giving up, and issue with the clogged front fuel hoses. Clean it ALL out, right into the tank and fit that new pump.

Post Thanks / Like

DAVE !!!!!

I don't think it's the same issue as it only does it (non start ) after a damn good thrashing ...maybe 2 hrs hard driving ,it's fine on long road runs etc .I will be fitting the new front pump after Chris has tuned the bigger injectors so I will have a look at the front pipes to tank ,I've already done all the rear gear .
    I know that sounds a bit backwards but it might help determine what the problem was in the first place with the miss ....