International Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Standard seat height

It's been a while when I was here. And been a while I've used my GTT.
    But today it is nearly spring time here. So I've just driven for a while.
    I've already realized several years ago that when I sit in the oem driving seat and I really sit straight my head is just touching the roof.
    Normally sitting there could be 2-3cm. The seats are refurbished 3-4 years ago, looks like new.
    My friend told me that as he remembers his seat position was somewhat lover. (He had a phase 2, mine is phase 1)
    I'm not sure if there is really a difference.
    So the question is has someone any solution to make some adjustable seat height? Maybe some frame from the Clio I?
    I do not really want to change the seats as the car looks really good and original.
    Thanks

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Standard seat height

I had Clio Williams seats on the 5GTT frames. I bought them already made. He had cut off the frames of both the Clio seat and the 5GTT seats, drilled holes in the seats and frames and bolted them together.

It worked fairly well. He did get the alignment exact. After some use the holes at the front of the Clio seat base enlarged and tore away, so strengthening is needed there. And the seat was too wide for the seat tilt release lever that had to be adjusted but which then rubbed on something else.

So, you might be able to cut the frames off your 5GTT seats and reattach them to the same seats with some frame shortened. Possibly best to weld them back together?

International Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Could it be that the height of the phase 1 and 2 differs?

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know.

This is the collected info we have on the differences between phase 1 and phase 2:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthrea...TT-Ph1-and-Ph2