Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bonnet bracket's

When i got my car it came with bonnet pin's which i would like to remove and have repainted. I ordered some new brackets which arrived today and i have just noticed that the studs on the underside of the bonnet are missing on one side, so i am unable to bolt one of the brackets back on.

My question is can i get the bracket welded on to the bonnet or do the brackets need to be attached to the car before you bolt the bonnet on?

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bonnet bracket's

Quote Originally Posted by Flarty View Post
    When i got my car it came with bonnet pin's which i would like to remove and have repainted. I ordered some new brackets which arrived today and i have just noticed that the studs on the underside of the bonnet are missing on one side, so i am unable to bolt one of the brackets back on.

My question is can i get the bracket welded on to the bonnet or do the brackets need to be attached to the car before you bolt the bonnet on?
    Ideally the brackets needs to be bolted on as they allow you movement to align the bonnet correctly, might be worth just sourcing another bonnet and getting it sprayed up

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bonnet brackets

I wanted to keep the bonnet as its a louvered bonnet which i quite like, just not a fan of the bonnet pins. Is there anyway way to attach new studs? i can see the remains of the old ones but no where near enough thread left to bolt on to, If not ill have to just source a standard bonnet.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the only way would be to have new studs welded on but the bonnet is so thin I don't know if that's even possible.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

How do people attach carbon fibre/fibreglass bonnets? i've seen a few without bonnet pins. There must be some other way rather than scrapping a perfectly good bonnet due to one bracket.