Post Thanks / Like

Wheel size & Tyres for Trackday only

Hello,

I am hoping someone may be able to offer some advice. My 5 is only used for trackdays, it currently has 16" wheels with 195/45/16 on it. When i bought it the previous owner has put some stop locks on it so there is very little turning circle which i want to resolve.
    SO, i am thinking of going to 15's and was wondering what the max size i can put on these, can i fit 205 or even 225 or will these rub?

Also anybody have any experience with either Yoko Neovo AD08R or R888 on a 5?

Many thanks

Dan

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel size & Tyres for Trackday only

I was under the impression that 205's on 7 inch wide 16's didn't rub the inner arch. Not sure if they were 45 or 40 that were OK, or both.

Of course the wheels have to have the correct offset. I don't recall what that is just now.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how lowered your car is that 205 on 15s might scrub the arches and like say depends on offset of wheels. Would need to go 45 as 50s will rub with the 15" alloys. 225 will be too wide for it for both front and rear

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I was under the impression that 205's on 7 inch wide 16's didn't rub the inner arch. Not sure if they were 45 or 40 that were OK, or both.

Of course the wheels have to have the correct offset. I don't recall what that is just now.
    Would need to be a 40 profile, I ran 45 profile yr's ago on a lowered 5 on OZ polaris 16's and they rubbed big time, suppose the ET as you say Ian will be a factor on what tyre you use

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was you I'd just go with 195/45/15. You won't gain anything by going to a 205 tyre IMO.

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends how much suspension is lowered by, if its on its ass then it can limit what you can run. 195/45/15 seems to be most popular choice, also worth noting wheels need to be et38 offset and that some tyre shapes are different ie some have tyre 'shoulders' that are easier to be accomodated under the arches compared to other that may rub should clearance be minimal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.