Post Thanks / Like

Wanted Clio hubs

As per title does anyone have Clio hubs x4 with abs rings need them to do some mods for my 5 many thanks

Phil

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wanted Clio hubs

Quote Originally Posted by philr5t View Post
    As per title does anyone have Clio hubs x4 with abs rings need them to do some mods for my 5 many thanks

Phil
    Phil, if I was you try the Facebook Clio groups:-) what you after later model valver hubs with abs or 172 hubs don't forget 172 ones you will need the outer driveshaft part as splines different and some other mods to hub for shock fitting. I am doing the same myself but going valver for the entire wide track setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Phil, if I was you try the Facebook Clio groups:-) what you after later model valver hubs with abs or 172 hubs don't forget 172 ones you will need the outer driveshaft part as splines different and some other mods to hub for shock fitting. I am doing the same myself but going valver for the entire wide track setup.
    Yer later model valver ones will be fine with abs it's just so I can run wheel speed sensors for less will spin eliminate any unwanted spiking and most of all to run boost by gear 👍

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add the gtt shafts and 172 shafts need welding together, as the end's are very different

The hubs need skimming of 5mm on each hub to allow them to fit the gtt strut's so to keep the strut attachment central take 2.5mm off each side of the hub.

Then there's the camber adjustment that will be required (possibly need to elongate the upper strut holes and use camber bolt's this might give enough camber adjustment).

The 172 hubs alone will give a 7mm extra width on each side.

If you plan on running 13" alloys you will need extra bits welded to the hub so you can keep the GTT caliper and disc's as the 172 one's will only fit under a 15" wheel

(Most the above stolen from Scoff's project thread and some advice from Robbie)