Post Thanks / Like

Newbie in East Anglia

First post!

Hello!

I'm Pid and new to this club / forum having just purchased a mint Series 1 GGT. I've posted some pics in my album. She's only done 34k miles, i have all the paperwork / MOT's etc. Planning on taking her to a few shows during the summer, but keeping the miles down

I used to have a GTT series 2 many moons ago and i'm now reliving my youth although a much more responsible driver....

I will be picking you guys brains on nerdy topics like what was standard on my GTT to keep things original as possible. There are a few things i need to tinker with, central locking & stereo not working too well. May also be looking for a new front seat as the bolster is a little thread bare.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie in East Anglia

Welcome to the club stuart. your car looks a beauty and if ebay adverts are anything to go by your is worth 14k lol looking forward to seeing her at national day. you truely have found a gem. well done

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club Stuart! Great to have another member in this neck of the woods, phase 1 sounds like a real find, looking forward to more pics.

We have a few meets planned for the summer, Retro Kings at Snetterton 31st May & also Retro Show at Santa Pod 21st June .

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club, car looks brand new!!

Any engine bay pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome mate. I remember seeing that car on eBay etc...Big money!!! I'd be scared to drive it after spending that much! Engine bay pics would be great if you could get some put up.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, and what a lovely car you picked up

Post Thanks / Like

Not seen a black phase 1 looking as good as that in a long time Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

First of all thanks for all the welcomes, much appreciated. So as a few of you have pointed out it i purchased the car from Appreciating Classics. Well spotted, although I didn't pay the fee advertised, i didn't get much change from £12k . The guys Steve & Richard who run AC cars are friends of mine and i often go round (They're only 5 miles away) and take a look at his latest additions. I have been tempted by many of his cars, but this R5 i couldn't resist.... Although now the seal is broken i can see more cars following to join the R5
    Steve also has another series 1 in Silver which is also in amazing condition with more miles and not as loaded with documentation. It's being tidied up but should be online soon.

I've added some more photos of the car out my garage and a few of the engine bay shots (as requested).

Due to my job where i travel a lot, it plays havoc with trying to plan anything. So the shows and meets that are coming up in the future will be; 'if i'm home i'll be there' kinda deal. I do plan to drive the R5 about (although probably in fair weather) it won't be moth balled.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club matey. Your in the best place for enthusiasts and knowledge!

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely looking car and very strong money too! Welcome to the club!

Post Thanks / Like

very nice indeed! Welcome