Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do people want/need?

Sound.. Be same kinda thing anyways, i know how to stop it hitting bonnet without lowering bar so going to get on the case

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I notice on mine the mounting holes for the bar are elongated so you can adjust the position. Looking at James mount's which has a normal hole perhaps this was done by a previous owner or a mod by Devil to overcome the issue with it hitting the bonnet ?.

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate that it might be too early but any idea on approx prices for these items yet?

Great job by the way

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    I notice on mine the mounting holes for the bar are elongated so you can adjust the position. Looking at James mount's which has a normal hole perhaps this was done by a previous owner or a mod by Devil to overcome the issue with it hitting the bonnet ?.

Mark you fancy polishing my devil brace up yours looks great

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats like the one i have here the holes have be modified like oval which i can do pr just put a normal bolt hole in? but im gonna be doing them so there slightly different to over come the bonnet issue,

All depending on materials cost once iv sorted that but atm price in mind £130-150, will do these cheap as i can like i say depending on material cost, im not going to overkill the price and be greedy, so could be cheaper could be more thats why i wanna put all info up once iv got the prices,

Rather help people out in the club, also been thinking about a rtoc only thing instead of facebook etc so if people want one then theyd have to join and maybe set it up through club shop?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Mark you fancy polishing my devil brace up yours looks great
    Hi James, Yeah I could quite possibly do it for you. The mount you can see was pretty much done by hand and took hours. Probably 5 hours work using wet and dry, scrotchbrite pads, my rubbish polishing wheel, and Autosol. However I am going to try the other mount using the old mans bench mounted polishing wheel. If that turns out to be OK, and a lot quicker, I can do yours mate. I might even even have a spare Devil sticker to finish it off for you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by w35ty;

Rather help people out in the club, also been thinking about a rtoc only thing instead of facebook etc so if people want one then theyd have to join and maybe set it up through club shop?
    good idea

Post Thanks / Like

I might even even have a spare Devil sticker to finish it off for you
    Get them copied first!
    Can go on all the replicas then

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
    Get them copied first!
    Can go on all the replicas then
    Totally agree with this!!

And I agree with making them exclusive to club members too. Another reason to join our merry band!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is what i do.. as im more of a rtoc lad and in with the people on here than on facebook, so will see about doing it through the shop,

Things i make i usually put one of my cheesy stickers on but if people dont want one on these i wont bother

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by w35ty View Post
    I think this is what i do.. as im more of a rtoc lad and in with the people on here than on facebook, so will see about doing it through the shop,

Things i make i usually put one of my cheesy stickers on but if people dont want one on these i wont bother
    Good lad re the shop. It's the way forward. We need to make our club as attractive as possible.

Cheesey sticker????? Lol. Maybe supply both the devil sticker and the cheesey sticker with the brace. Let the buyer put on what they want then.

And once again-top job for going thru with this

Post Thanks / Like

Cheesy sticker haha.. i can send one out with them up to people if they wanna use it..

And looking foward to doing them miss doing fab/welding work to be honest be good to do now as its for cars for a change :-)

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi James, Yeah I could quite possibly do it for you. The mount you can see was pretty much done by hand and took hours. Probably 5 hours work using wet and dry, scrotchbrite pads, my rubbish polishing wheel, and Autosol. However I am going to try the other mount using the old mans bench mounted polishing wheel. If that turns out to be OK, and a lot quicker, I can do yours mate. I might even even have a spare Devil sticker to finish it off for you
    Mark would be great and a sticker fantastic being trying for ages to find a sticker

Post Thanks / Like

Weary, manifold looks fappin awesome!

What's the easiest way to polish the manifold to a mirror finish?

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The professionals use a very large floor standing version of the bench grinder. The cloth wheels are more like 30cm across and a maybe 10cm wide.

I used to take Alu and brass parts to a man up the road from here and he'd do a turbo compressor in about 15 minutes. Left drag marks though so not as good as in the photo above but most people were very happy with it.

I then tried out to London Chroming and did get a better finish but they took the P on the price, saying one thing, then charging two or three times that, so something, so I didn't go there again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cole View Post
    Weary, manifold looks fappin awesome!

What's the easiest way to polish the manifold to a mirror finish?
    All i done was sand scratches out depending on how deep then work finer to like 1500 wet and dry..

180>320>600 wet and dry>1200wd>1500wd

then i just bought a kit for drill of ebay for like £15 And done it with the drill

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for delay on this been that busy with work and by time i finish i cant make it to the places i need to go, but managed to pop somewhere this morning i am getting a price mon-tues for materials to make end pieces i have asked for a price to make 15 braces, just got to order tubing to sort that so thats next thing, once i have had a phone call i can then let people know prices of how much they will cost, just told them 15 it might be more depending on how many people want them so may be slightly cheaper will have to see

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome spoke to you on fb about these. Will keep my eyes on this but if you can drop me an inbox once I can order thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Im am still sorting these dont worry bare with new started a bew job today so been abit busy sorting that out past few weeks.. Just need to price bar up and thats it will post up soon as!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Deffinately be up for a devil brace

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered a sample pieces to check over and to see if they need to be changed in anyway so once i get these i will post pictures up to see what you guys think