Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

renault 5 GT Turbo

First post!

Hi guys I'm new around here currently have a Toyota supra but have owned a 5GTT I love them and am considering owning another to keep in m garage as an investment sort of thing.

Has anyone seen this on the bay ?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-5-...item41892a32aa

Is it worth not 15k but maybe 10k if minty etc.? and there is no restoration pictures available from 4 years ago when it was restored. Any opinions or does anyone have any info or a lead to one that's mint, never welded ,stocked

Regards jay

Post Thanks / Like

Re: renault 5 GT Turbo

Lol 15 k and a 10k sign left on the inside on the floor of the motor
    No way would I pay 15 dont think I would pay 10 ether

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome mate.

For 15k I would expect a factory fresh time piece! 10k I would expect nothing short of immaculate with full resto documentation.

depends what you want to pay. I think 7k is more realistic market value.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Absolutely my thoughts to.If i had a car with a known restoration i would want all the documents too.It isnt even an ultra low miler. Does anyone know of anything goin thats pretty mint?

Post Thanks / Like

Agree, I think about 7k is probably the price. It all depends what work has been done to it.

Anyone who has restored a 5 themselves knows how much that costs. It certainly soon adds up to a pretty penny!

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Sod it. I'll chuck mine up for sale at £20k.

Any takers? It's coming on telly soon so it must be worth it

Welcome to the club by the way Jay

Ross

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

The toyota ive slogged on for 3 years owes me about 40k so i completely understand the point but this guy emailed and said because of the cost in parts it had to restore it.. He wants close to 15k i said i value it at 7.5k tops...
    Last edited by jay200bhp; 02-12-2014 at 13:50.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a project thread on a Toyota club, feel free to copy all the pics over to a new thread on here

RTOC loves a rebuild

Post Thanks / Like

40k spent on a supra?? Maybe I'm being a bit sceptical but can't you buy a low mileage, highly modified (400/500 odd BHP) RZ for around 10k - 13k?

Post Thanks / Like

Rob, buying one at 500bhp for £13k, is not the same as spending the money required to take one from standard to 500bhp in the first place, which doesn't necessarily cost £40k but it easily could.

Power figures alone don't come anywhere close to telling us the overall value of a given car. It might be possible to get an otherwise standard Supra to 500bhp for just £5k. Does that then make it the same value as every other 500bhp Supra on the market?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bluntys old motor ain't it? Nice but never £15K all the time Slammed licks assholes.

£6500 tops Id say. It's fresh but it's not 1 owner 20K on the clock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Rob, buying one at 500bhp for £13k, is not the same as spending the money required to take one from standard to 500bhp in the first place, which doesn't necessarily cost £40k but it easily could.

Power figures alone don't come anywhere close to telling us the overall value of a given car. It might be possible to get an otherwise standard Supra to 500bhp for just £5k. Does that then make it the same value as every other 500bhp Supra on the market?
    I agree Trev, the values would be quite different but not to the extent of the spend. I was just trying to relate it reasonably. Personally I would not spend 4 times the value of the car to get the same power although I am assuming that the 10k is reliable in this instance. Even if it is not though, I would still have a lot of money left to correct any faults.

Take the 5 for example, is it possible to spend 40k to get it up to the standard of Hoolios which is probably worth 15k easily? Even with paying extortionate tuners I doubt that you would reach this figure... Then again, thinking of the few that I have dealt with you may do!

I have just noticed that my membership has expired, I will correct that soon!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys same as everything really the hobby and the pursuit of perfection takes a lot of money... I was in a fortunate position to be an engineer for redbull f1 when the championships landed and spent my bonus for 4 years building my Toyota..it has had an 8k leather retrim and runs 800bhp on a t67 turbo with syvecs S6 ecu etc, the forged motor cost 8k to build but then cars as I said are a bad investment... bluntys old car hmm any build thread on it ?

* I bought the whole interior from a dealer not that I spent 8k on it my self that would be crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome your supra sound epic cant wait to see the pics.

Post Thanks / Like

It soon adds up! I got to about £15k on my mini, then stopped counting. It has had 3 resprays, 6 engines, 4 sets of wheels, 3 dashboards and clocks, 3 sets of seats, 4 gearboxes, 5 turbos...etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1980 View Post
    Take the 5 for example, is it possible to spend 40k to get it up to the standard of Hoolios which is probably worth 15k easily? Even with paying extortionate tuners I doubt that you would reach this figure...
    The GTT and the Supra couldn't be more different in terms of the cost of buying and modifying them. £40k to buy and mod a Supra? That's peanuts in rice land Rob.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1980 View Post
    I agree Trev, the values would be quite different but not to the extent of the spend.
    And that's the point. The modifying spend never ever equals the follow-on sale value, we all know that too well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    It soon adds up! I got to about £15k on my mini, then stopped counting. It has had 3 resprays, 6 engines, 4 sets of wheels, 3 dashboards and clocks, 3 sets of seats, 4 gearboxes, 5 turbos...etc...
    Brilliant!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

So gents this cant be bluntys car thats advertised for 15k bluntys was tungsten wasnt it ..... From the buold thread?? Anyone know the previous owner who restored this four years ago....??

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay200bhp View Post

So gents this cant be bluntys car thats advertised for 15k bluntys was tungsten wasnt it ..... From the buold thread?? Anyone know the previous owner who restored this four years ago....??
    It's not blunty's old car that's just a viewing error, blunty's number plate ended YES hence his project the yes mobile

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought someone may have known it .It looks to have been enthausiast owned from a working on it point of view. Hmmm i like thr tungsten grey gtt in the for sales section from may with the valve wheels it was 6 5k i think...