Post Thanks / Like

respray ???

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

What is the likely cost of a full respray ??? Not including engine bay (already done)???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: respray ???

all depends on work involved and who does it, i.e professional or a mate that has a spray gun lol
    just had my raider done in the summer. me and a work friend who used to spray cars for porsche did all the body repair like the filling and rubbing down etc to save on costs. then the painting was done by a local sprayer. i was near as makes no differance a grand just for the paint and all parts painted i.e the car, bumpers, skirts etc. my advice is just dont try do it on the cheap. if done right its money well spent. its the first thing people look at when they see the car.
    good luck

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cr23g View Post
    all depends on work involved and who does it, i.e professional or a mate that has a spray gun lol
    just had my raider done in the summer. me and a work friend who used to spray cars for porsche did all the body repair like the filling and rubbing down etc to save on costs. then the painting was done by a local sprayer. i was near as makes no differance a grand just for the paint and all parts painted i.e the car, bumpers, skirts etc. my advice is just dont try do it on the cheap. if done right its money well spent. its the first thing people look at when they see the car.
    good luck
    Well when u put it like that......couldn't agree more!!!!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

My friends a car body man and bare minimun he charges for a full respray is 1400
    Its left perfect though . But then theres a fella in town will do it for 600 . As has already been said with bodywork u get what you pay for 👍

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had two rough quotes and seems 1400-1800 is the average with them stripping wielding filling paint ect with it stripped already been roughly 700-1000 more you can do yourself the cheaper it gets to a point, plus u know what u want doing and know the state of it befor hand

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can do a fair amount of stipping the car yourself to save cash, just a question of how you will get it to the bodyshop, driving it with enought stripped but so you can still drive it, or trailer it to the bodyshop. When it comes to prep can be worth letting them do that as make them 100% responsible for the final finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    Can do a fair amount of stipping the car yourself to save cash, just a question of how you will get it to the bodyshop, driving it with enought stripped but so you can still drive it, or trailer it to the bodyshop. When it comes to prep can be worth letting them do that as make them 100% responsible for the final finish.
    Thats pretty much what I did when I had mine painted. I stripped as much off it as I could then drove it to the shop and let him take the body kit off and do all the prep.

When I had mine painted I had quotes from £200 up to £2k. In the end I paid £600. This was back in 1996 mind. The guy did a good but not brilliant job, but I was more than happy at the quality for the price I paid. 18 years later and it still looks the same as it did when I picked it up, albeit the bumper is trashed with all the stone chips on it now. I`ll be repainting that myself when the warmer weather arrives as ive now got a compressor/spray gun etc myself.

Bit like getting a tattoo. if possible, id always recommend seeing if you can see any of the guys work before going ahead as the results vary drastically!

Post Thanks / Like

You definitely get what you pay for with bodywork and painted.
    I often get cars to detail that are "fresh from the body shop" that are terrible.
    The finishing down can be one of the worst points. It's not uncommon to see sand marks and buffer trails galore.

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to Mike, he reckons a full glass out, strip down repaint and refit to include any repairs and welding necessary £ 3k...!!!!:

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds about right depending on what strip down really means.

Post Thanks / Like

3k for a full strip down , repair and put back togehter and full paint is dirt cheap imo