Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oil temp and oil pressure

Any 1 know if a sandwich plate is good to fit for use with aftermarket oil pressure and oil temp as cgb have a sandwich plate on ebay for sale and am not sure weather to go for it or another way, thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oil temp and oil pressure

I usually have my oil pressure in the oil feed line, and the oil temp in the sumo mate.. Best places imo.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that the oil feed to the turbo if so how did you fit it and in the sump did u have to drill a hole

Post Thanks / Like

Yes mate in the turbo oil feed, an get an adapter off ebay too add onto the line with a sensor bung on it

And yes i welded a nut to the sump, or you could just get a sumpplug adapter where the sensor screws into the middle of it only thing i found with them is got to watch how low your car is as they stick down

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

The adapter to run off turbo feed pipe sounds like a good option don't suppose you have a link off ebay for the 1 you use or one similar as for sump, don't think il use the sump plug adapter as want my car low,when you said you welded a nut to sump I'm kinda lost sorry just I'm new to all this

Post Thanks / Like

I cant remember the fitting size now :S il try have a look though, and for the sump just get a steel/stainless nut thats the right thread for your sensor mine was 1/8npt sensor, then drill a hole at the bottom back or front of sump and weld the nut there for it to screw into..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks a lot for ya help