Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Suspension. What to go for?

Hi guys.

I have to get rid of these coil overs. 100's of speed bumps, and dips/holes around this area. Sick of them....

But what do you guys recommend as a good replacement? Im looking on the demon tweeks website for reference now. And the cheaper ap and koni varients aree catching me eye (around £250 each for the set).

Anyone have experience of these sets?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suspension. What to go for?

Do you have a link for those? I can't see them on the DT site.

I can only see Spax in the kits section:
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...0/1-4-gt-turbo

And Spax and Avo in the adjustable coilover section:
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...0/1-4-gt-turbo

I can't see anything as cheap as £250.

Edit - Have you seen the suspension kit offer the club shop runs?
    https://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?m...roducts_id=110

It says £450 but at the bottom there's a 20% discount which makes them £360 AFAIK.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's just road use probably standard shocks with some lowering springs will be o.k.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What are 'standard shocks' these days? The 1988 DeCarbons that were originally on mine were too hard but had very soft springs. A vast improvement was harder springs and the softer than OE Konis. Overall, a smoother ride with much better handling. (Actualy, I think after the DeCarbons I had 2nd user Spax for a while before the Konis.)

I just spoke to Koni as we sold a pair of fronts. Now there are just one pair of fronts left in Koni UK stock. Maybe none in Holland.

In the last two years, none of these Koni sport 'yellows' sold to anyone in the UK except RTOC.

STR-T were unreliable. Now they are made in Holland there are no issues, he said. He said they are the same hardness as the 'yellows' on softest setting.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll need springs. The Konis is the RTOC shop don't come with springs.

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    What are 'standard shocks' these days? The 1988 DeCarbons that were originally on mine were too hard but had very soft springs. A vast improvement was harder springs and the softer than OE Konis. Overall, a smoother ride with much better handling. (Actualy, I think after the DeCarbons I had 2nd user Spax for a while before the Konis.)

I just spoke to Koni as we sold a pair of fronts. Now there are just one pair of fronts left in Koni UK stock. Maybe none in Holland.

In the last two years, none of these Koni sport 'yellows' sold to anyone in the UK except RTOC.

STR-T were unreliable. Now they are made in Holland there are no issues, he said. He said they are the same hardness as the 'yellows' on softest setting.
    Thats what the rtoc is here for, still yet to fit my set after over 1 year amazing groupbuy too good not to get involved!