Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

slipping clutch

Had a little spirited drive today which was good fun apart from my clutch is pretty much slipping every time it gets on boost, I new it was slipping but it was hit and miss and only seemed to happen if I was doing long wot runs. Now my question to you lot, is it worth me using the car again for the occasional drive till the tax runs out at the end of the year, or will I end up on the back of a recovery truck soon if I did this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: slipping clutch

Could be several things really oil contamination is anything leaking in there? Could be just your clutch is mullard. Personally check all the outside first for leaks if not get it changed bud..

Post Thanks / Like

You will get plenty of warning before it becomes useless. however if it is the clutch plate that's the issue you don't want it damaging the face of the flywheel at all, unless of course you are getting it re-faced when the new clutch goes in.

Like has been said it could be many things to do with the clutch that's causing it to slip.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers chaps, it's got a supposedly uprated clutch in there, but it's over 11 years old now. I have had my turbo oil drain leak but nowhere near the tdc holes. I'm going to change it anyway and get the flywheel skimmed but wasn't planning any of this untill the tax runs out at the end of December.
    I just wanted to see if I could take her out if the weather was ok still, just obviously not flat out