Post Thanks / Like

Disney Land Florida

Right, I'm planning a holiday for this year for around September time...

I really want to go to Disney Land...with the missus and little'un of course

I would love to hear about any experiences people have had. Things like who to fly with, places to stay etc would be great and it'll give me some sort of an idea of what to expect. Cost isn't an issue LOL

I've had a look around for package deals etc and there are a lot floating about but word of mouth goes along way

Thanking you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disney Land Florida

Would it not be worth waiting to go there for a couple of years as Isobel is really way too young to appreciate it, never mind remember it lol

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    Would it not be worth waiting to go there for a couple of years as Isobel is really way too young to appreciate it, never mind remember it lol
    Did you read it correctly, he really wants to go himself. Gather he cant wait that long!

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

F*ck it why bother with Florida... if u do go, please go when its quiet as the ques arent much fun.... "oh yes i have a lovely 2 weeks standing behind some American hill billy who kept on farting, and 2 japenese girls behind me keep on laughing"

Believe me go when its quiet... well worth taking the little one out of school... I prefer Paris for a weekend away... Little one will love it just as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Issy will remember it, even if she didn't, I'd take her again in a couple of years

I've always wanted to go, I know Issy would love it too, yes mam!

I plan to go around September, she's only 2 but will be almost 3 by the time we go, so not worried about time off school...yet LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    F*ck it why bother with Florida... if u do go, please go when its quiet as the ques arent much fun.... "oh yes i have a lovely 2 weeks standing behind some American hill billy who kept on farting, and 2 japenese girls behind me keep on laughing"

Believe me go when its quiet... well worth taking the little one out of school... I prefer Paris for a weekend away... Little one will love it just as much.
    I'd agree sod Florida you'll spend half of it on the plane anyway......I took my daughter to Paris Disneyland just before xmas it cost quite a bit tho as i didn't stay on the complex as i couldn't bear hearing screaming a** kids all day and then to be surrounded by them at night too......My little one has always been asking me but she was not old enough to appreciate it when we did go the look on her face was PRICELESS all weekend job well done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Issy will remember it, even if she didn't,

can you remember much from when you were 3???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    can you remember much from when you were 3???
    I dont remember much from last week, never mind all that time ago

I'm not worried about what she remembers, her reaction to it all will speak volumes

Like I've already said, we will go again when she's older lol

Honorary Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Florida in September wont be too bad for queues all the American Kids are back at school. I went 2007 with Em and Chris and took my son as well, he was 8 and just starting to get a bit old for Disney, we went in July and it was packed everywhere and to be expected tbh. You can pay extra and buy vip tickets at most theme parks and skip the queues though. At 3 she'll probably love it, but unlikely to remember it so if you go take loads of pictures if only for your own benefit.

Disney Paris is good, i took my son there when he was 5, its just nowhere near as big as Florida and the weather not as good ! But i didnt think he was old enough to do 9hrs on a plane to florida so we just went Paris the first time and just went for a long weekend as any longer and you'd get bored.

We flew with first choice in 2007 and the flights were good, tv in every headrest etc, i'll be going back in September this year also and have already booked flights but with Virgin this time, never flown with them before so we'll see. And there are loads of other sights to see in florida, we did kennedy space centre and sea world etc.

Packages are alright if you are ok staying in the disney area, virgin are doing some good deals on package holidays at the moment, i've booked flights separate and rented a villa on an island on the west coast and works out about the same amount of money.

If you are going now is the time to book it, flights are just over £300 per person for mid september from Gatwick, take a look on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE Orlando, never been to Disney though.

I'd recommend going by plane

Honorary Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Its a long walk

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Swim across, its much cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Raquel

I did think going to America would be a long trip in a plane for 2/3 yr old lol

I've been looking at the flights/villa/rent-a-car idea too, my missus mentioned that and it'll probably be what we go for I think.

We plan to see as much as we can for the 2 weeks planned LOL

Only one way to find out what its like, get our asses over there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    I LOVE Orlando, never been to Disney though.

I bet you are sat there thinking, "Why did I write that ?!"

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you are sat there thinking, "Why did I write that ?!"
    I bet i'm not.

Honorary Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Raquel

I did think going to America would be a long trip in a plane for 2/3 yr old lol

I've been looking at the flights/villa/rent-a-car idea too, my missus mentioned that and it'll probably be what we go for I think.

We plan to see as much as we can for the 2 weeks planned LOL

Only one way to find out what its like, get our asses over there!
    If you've got plenty to occupy her or she'll sleep it'll be fine. Dont plan to do too much or you'll not feel like you've had a holiday have a few days to relax.
    We stayed a week at http://stayinourdisneyvilla.com/ to be near disney and all the attractions and a week at http://www.annamariaparadise.com/pelicanplace.html which was a 3 minute walk to white sandy beaches

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome

Post Thanks / Like

been 3 times over the years and love it . even have a auntie which owns a villa with pool ect over there and rents out so i get that which makes things easy as its not far from most parts

Post Thanks / Like

I went once when I was 16 with my parents and brother (18 at the time). We set off on a journey down the leg of Florida, stopping at Kissimmee, Orlando, Miami, key West and finally onto a cruise. I can't remember a great deal of the trip but the highlights were definately Sea World, Universal Studios and some parts of Disney World, Epcot was utter crapola! Disney World is definately a kiddy place, no brainer really... But it has its fair share of attractions to amuse the adults too, it's just a shame that all of the attractions are stuck in the bum hole state of Florida If I was to go back to Florida now, one trip I would love to go on is to the Kennedy Space center, I'm getting a bit geeky in my old age and like to look at big red rockets...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Spooky,

I have been a couple of times. Last year (oct 07) the whole family went...17 of us. The youngest was 18months, which was fun! Their was enough of us to keep her entertained on the plane though! We went early October, so it was still really hot but bearable, and the queues in the parks arnt too bad. Your nipper will love it regardless of age, they have something for all ages... including me epcot - mission space!

We flew with Travel city which I believe was part of XL that went bust We stayed in the Silver Lakes resort which is about 10-15 mins from Disney and it was really nice. Shame the £ has dropped against the $ but who cares. Go, enjoy and take loads of pics!

We got really lucky too as it was launch week at Kenedy space Centre so we got to see that which was really cool. STS 120 lol

Oh if your little one is in a buggy...you can ask for a "stoller" pass, so you dont need to queue twice for the rides, ie you and yr mrs can both go the ride, or you can go on twice lol

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers for that Jon

I'm still in planning process, will be getting booked up soon hopefully

Post Thanks / Like

Me and N are going on the 17th for 2 weeks

a very late honeymoon!! LOL

flying Virgin, which people keep kelling us are the best

staying at Disney at the Port Orleans resort (no idea just thought i'd try better than basic- although its not that far off the bottom! LOL)

got a car for 1 week as i can imagine we'll be in Disney for 1 week, plus as i drive all week i'm trying NOT to drive on holiday

we've bought a package ticket deal from Keith Prose (SP)

we've got a 14day pass to Florida attractions (most of the there parks, sea world, space centre etc)
    7 day disney pass
    tickets to some show one night with a meal
    and somethine else that i can't remember! but she's said i can go to daytona one day!

but we can't wait!