Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Turbo rebuild

Hey all, recently bought a lovely r5 gt turbo but seems the turbo is fubar . Started with the occasional puff of white smoke at idle now is seeping oil from the intake and outlet.
    Is there anyone around London/Essex who can do a rebuild? I'm sure it's just the seals. Funny though there is no play in any of the shafts neither in or out or side to side.
    Cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turbo rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavec1974 View Post
    Hey all, recently bought a lovely r5 gt turbo but seems the turbo is fubar . Started with the occasional puff of white smoke at idle now is seeping oil from the intake and outlet.
    Is there anyone around London/Essex who can do a rebuild? I'm sure it's just the seals. Funny though there is no play in any of the shafts neither in or out or side to side.
    Cheers
    Give blunty a pm, he knows a bloke from Dagenham area, Bernie I think his name is. Sorted my T25 out with no drama. But haven't got his number now.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do thx

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.midlandturbo.com/

Just had mine rebuilt.. Cracking place and will pick up from your house with 2yrs warranty

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Turns out the car wasn't breathing properly . No turbo needed. Thank Christ .
    Thanks for the response

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

how did you sort this problem out mate i maybe having the same prob ?? ive had 3 turbos on now and theres smoke after boost on idel i carnt of got through 3 turbos in a few weeks ??

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do u have an oil flow / pressure problem? Turbos should las 50k or more unless ya just unlucky

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

im not sure on oil presure as gauge dont work ?? but seems abit strange kep going through turbos unless iam just unlucky be nice to find out tho lol ??