Post Thanks / Like

wobbly wheel

My steering wheel has play, it moves left to right and up and down I changed the uj wich connects the column to the rack last year so I no its not that, I have been searching the forum and found it could be top column bush so looked on gt turbo spares and cgb for the bush but can only find a 'bearing' is this the part I need ? If someone could give me a link or a actuall picture of the bush I would be more than grateful, dont want to buy the wrong part. Thanks for looking

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wobbly wheel

Yeah bearing cgb 16.99 + vat.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like the bearings. There's one at the top just behind the steering wheel and one further down.

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4731

Post Thanks / Like

Its behind the wheel I took the plastic off earlier and could see it moving about with a bit of metal casing sticking out around the shaft, I took a pic

So its the bearing I need ?, I was confussed as it gets called a bush cheers for link aswell alex

Post Thanks / Like

When you take it out try not to loose any broken off metal spines down the column as they get caught in the steering lock.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one the other day, but when I went to fit it my old one was fine just had popped out so I pushed It back in then pushed the other new one in too lol 2 fits perfectly. I thought it might strengthen it up a little while im hanging on it to get in and out with the roll cage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan y View Post
    When you take it out try not to loose any broken off metal spines down the column as they get caught in the steering lock.
    do I need to replace both top and bottom, dont no what bottom one is like but while its in bits would I be able to get any loose splines out ? Do you have to remove the whole lot to replace just the top, cheers for help got to get this done for mot