Post Thanks / Like

Adjusting the actuator

So I've followed all the help in the search function but it just won't budge. Am I doing something wrong as I don't think it should be that tight

I unscrewed the nut back which came loose quite easily. I then held the screw thread further up with some vice grips and tried to twist the end with some grips but it just won't budge.

I assume this is the part that gets screwed up and down the shaft then you tighten the nut up after adjustment?

It doesn't look like its been pressed on etc to stop it being moved. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adjusting the actuator

You sure the rod hasn't been stamped/pressed onto the thread? (it's the smallest of pressed punches).

Could be rusted solid (judging by the state of the thread).

Saying that, you sure it's not just simply screwed in as far as it can go anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    You sure the rod hasn't been stamped/pressed onto the thread? (it's the smallest of pressed punches).

Could be rusted solid (judging by the state of the thread).

Saying that, you sure it's not just simply screwed in as far as it can go anyway?
    I had it soaked in wd40 all night to help ease things with no joy. I don't think it's fully screwed in as I couldn't twist it either way.

As long as I was doing it right then that's one thing. I might just invest in another one as I'd rather not bust this one.

Thanks for the reply

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks rusted up to me, im surprised that the wd40 didn't loosen it up at all If you do decided on trying another actuator I know marky mark recently had a couple of updated used units in working condition

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BabybluGTT View Post
    Looks rusted up to me, im surprised that the wd40 didn't loosen it up at all If you do decided on trying another actuator I know marky mark recently had a couple of updated used units in working condition
    Cheers mate, just enquired

Post Thanks / Like

As above there may be no adjustment left on the thread or it may have been glued by whoever made the turbo to make it non adjustable.Can you loosen just the wastegate end?although this will only meen you can turn the boost down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    As above there may be no adjustment left on the thread or it may have been glued by whoever made the turbo to make it non adjustable.Can you loosen just the wastegate end?although this will only meen you can turn the boost down.
    No mate, it won't turn either way.

I bought the turbo off the guy from the old tts Motorsport. It was his old one. Supposedly ran 30 psi so it must turn just not easily