Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Office Rant...

They are winging that post offices are being closed around the country however they don't seem to want to help themselves! I understand that its easier to do everything online now, taxing your car, buying stamps, setting up all your payments and direct debits etc... But they don't seem to want to help themselves!!

I braved the -4oC temps today to pop to the post office and tax my car. Now the new system that the DVLA have in place means that all information is on their system, MOT, Insurance etc etc and you can tax your car online without needing to produce any documentation... Anyway the post office refused to give me tax for my car today because the insurance cert I produced was a printout!! Now for one my insurance company (HERTS) only issue you with your documents via e-mail in PDF format and for two I have used printouts before!!

So anyway I wasted my time today came home and taxed it in the warmth via the internet!! I think the post office needs to get up to speed with the rest of the world!!

Rant over

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Office Rant...

I hate that, i have a producer on a car before... took it to the police station and they said a print out was not a insurance cert... had to explain to them, they rang Herts who confirmed my policy... I still had to ask Herts for a Hard Copy Cert from them before the police were happy. :-(

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

the last 3 years i've taxed mine at the post office with a printed cert from herts, you must have got a right plank...

i can't see how there doing so badly, ebay and the like must have increase post office use no end.. i never posted anything until i sold things on ebay and i use it to buy odd and sods that are just a pain in the butt to go get in person..

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a similar thing happen with them. I used to really hate going to the Post Office to tax my car for that reason. Being able to tax your car on-line was the best thing they ever done.