Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just 528 r5 gtt on road!!!

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Just looked at howmanyleft.co.uk
    It tells me just 528 gt turbos are taxed right now.
    1994- there were 10,064. Help me out, make it 529 !
    Plus makes me happy that when I look at chassis, no signs of crashes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just 528 r5 gtt on road!!!

lol mine was taxed and on the road till 4 days ago.. will be taxing in time for national day. Had to drop it as the daily... not enough seats for the kids. Contemplated bolting in child seats and all sorts but push came to shove lol.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I'm in the same boat. Disabled misses in passenger seat.2 kids and a big German shepherd will fit in the back.if they're made to lol

Post Thanks / Like

Good job you chose a wider one then

Post Thanks / Like

Mine isnt taxed but mot'd and insured...dont take these figures as gospel plenty are off the road for winter

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Try looking up my cars, 21 Turbo Quadra, Renault Fuego Turbo and Renault 9 Turbo.

You think 529 is bad?

Post Thanks / Like

I still call bu115h1t on that website

It says that there are 11 Evo VI Tommi Mak's. Ok then

Post Thanks / Like

It's crap it says they only registered 1 M3 GT in 1995 when it was made and they built 50, then it says 10yrs later in 2005 there were 7, now there's only 1 taxed, 4 sorn.

Does that mean I own the only taxed M3 GT? Must be worth a fortune lol. Time to sell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    Try looking up my cars, 21 Turbo Quadra, Renault Fuego Turbo and Renault 9 Turbo.

You think 529 is bad?
    its all about percentage's Dave..... how many Quadra's were imported here? - how many remain?
    how many Fudgeo's and 9T's were sold? - nowhere near as many as the 5GTT i bet.

there are allegedly only 8 Le Car 2 Turbo's left. - that howmany site doesnt show them though.

Post Thanks / Like

Even if that figure is incorrect it probably won't be a million miles out, most of these cars are in a million bits inside peoples garages, that's just the type of car/owners they are nowadays.

Whatever way you look at it owning a 5GTT is now classed as a retro classic and dwindling numbers will only continue, the only plus side for the cars is that a lot of owners are now middle aged with a bit of knowledge and the funds to look after them properly.

The type of shells that are being restored now also points to the limited numbers, even as little as three years ago a good number were being scraped with as little as rotten sills, now we are seeing more and more full shell restorations.

Owning a gtt is now becoming more of a commitment as prices are slowly rising and parts are becoming rare, hence why a lot of unfinished projects keep popping up for sale. Gone are the days of slinging one together for £500 and thrashing the living daylights out of it, you will pay the above now for a recently rebuild engine.

All we can hope is that enough of them hang around to make it worth while for people/companies to start reproducing parts for them as once they get as rare as some of the older Renault turbos then the writing will really be on the wall.