Post Thanks / Like

A few pointers please??

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

In process of gettng my raider road worthy an could do with a little advise from you guys please. Main issue i have is the hesitation/popping & banging(no smoke) i get on boost but only seems to become an issue in 3rd & 4th. 1st & 2nd is ok it starts to show a little in the higher revs in 2nd. Its only running at 10psi according to the boost gauge (from carb base)it does have adjustable boost controller fitted which doesnt seem to alter the boost. Only one end of the pipe work is connected for the adjuster is that how it should be? Ive set the carb up on idle on my emission tester & have readings of 3.5 co 13ish on co2 hcs 200ppm & 0.5 o2 all approx. if i take it up on fast idle the co comes down to about 1.5ish. The plugs,leads cap & rotor arm all look good an ive reset the tappets. As far as im aware its running a standard cam & I have a receipt for a group A carb & was told had a stage something head cant remember which Standard t2 turbo.
    Excuse the long winded essay
    Any help much appreciated
    Not sure if pic will upload or be any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few pointers please??

Change the fuel filter and check the boost reference pipe to the fprforsplits.

Post Thanks / Like

I would check the spark plugs, with a grp A carb fitted (which i would recommend removing) it would be fueling fairly rich on idle and part throttle driving so might have sooted up the plugs

Post Thanks / Like

ive had plugs out an given them a clean,topped fuel tank up an given another run i suspect my boost gauge isnt reading right. Ive closed off adjustable valve an it seems to boost less an the misfire/hesitation isnt there wind it out an it comes back although the boost gauge only ever varies between 8-10psi(depending on adjustable boost position) vacuum pipe to fpr looks ok.Got a new fuel filter to fit tomo. i would love to stick a standard carb on it just got various other issues to sort first unless i can find one at a decent price????
    Thanks for help lads