Post Thanks / Like

Turbo rebuild? or...

How much is your average turbo rebuild? im planning on using the turbo that i took off my 5, which is a T28 on a F7P conversion. I checked the turbo last night and the shaft has play in both directions (side to side & in and out). I didn't want to phone companies up as i dont have the money to have it looked at yet.

I was browsing Ebay and come accross this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T3-T4-Turb...item2eb6ac47f7

Why is it so cheap? The desciption says its good for 375hp @ 27psi. Im confused as to why anyone would buy a Garrett?

I know I'm gunna regret posting that ^^^

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turbo rebuild? or...

Quote Originally Posted by Josie172cup View Post
    How much is your average turbo rebuild? im planning on using the turbo that i took off my 5, which is a T28 on a F7P conversion. I checked the turbo last night and the shaft has play in both directions (side to side & in and out). I didn't want to phone companies up as i dont have the money to have it looked at yet.

I was browsing Ebay and come accross this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T3-T4-Turb...item2eb6ac47f7

Why is it so cheap? The desciption says its good for 375hp @ 27psi. Im confused as to why anyone would buy a Garrett?

I know I'm gunna regret posting that ^^^
    Average rebuild cost will depend on what needs doing, I think Cr turbo's do pretty good new turbo's for around £400

If i was you keep away from the jap stuff, i know some peeps have had good results but they have the bearing replaced straight away with a decent one. Go basic get a 200sx t28 or a pulsar T28. The pulsar has bigger rear .86 the 200sx has the smaller .64 rear, only way I can describe the 200sx is that it's likeing having a t2 on a C1j punchy but lacks top end but a fun combination and it's not slow
    Last edited by James5; 23-07-2012 at 13:03.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josie172cup View Post
    Exactly. You should buy it

And here's a few keywords that you'll be able to use in a couple of weeks time, when you start a thread about it: Chocolate, Chinese, Failboat, quality...

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post

And here's a few keywords that you'll be able to use in a couple of weeks time, when you start a thread about it: Chocolate, Chinese, Failboat, quality...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Average rebuild cost will depend on what needs doing, I think Cr turbo's do pretty good new turbo's for around £400

If i was you keep away from the jap stuff, i know some peeps have had good results but they have the bearing replaced straight away with a decent one. Go basic get a 200sx t28 or a pulsar T28. The pulsar has bigger rear .86 the 200sx has the smaller .64 rear, only way I can describe the 200sx is that it's likeing having a t2 on a C1j punchy but lacks top end but a fun combination and it's not slow

Cheers James. Like i said i have a T28 (not sure what size housings) its just got a wobble on. It boosted fine before my engine melted too

i thought it looked too good to be true

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cheap gear & saving a bob or 2 whenever possible, but some things you have to bite the bullet & cough up for.

Turbos are one of those things.

If you're at ND this weekend, bring the chewed turbo with you & have a chat with Adam L to see what he can do for ya

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cheap gear & saving a bob or 2 whenever possible, but some things you have to bite the bullet & cough up for.

Turbos are one of those things.

If you're at ND this weekend, bring the chewed turbo with you & have a chat with Adam L to see what he can do for ya
    unfortunately ill not be coming this year (have yet to attend 1) my car is engineless and i dont think the Juke would last too long on track