Post Thanks / Like

What's my car worth chaps?

I'm Planning on selling my renault 5 later this year maybe next year. I just can not justify it. It has sat for over 2 years and done a grand 1500 miles. I just don't have time for it with family comitments etc. It only comes out in the dry and let's face it we don't get much sun.

It's going to come down to is the car going to get a good price or is it worth more to break it.

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's my car worth chaps?

Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    I'm Planning on selling my renault 5 later this year maybe next year. I just can not justify it. It has sat for over 2 years and done a grand 1500 miles. I just don't have time for it with family comitments etc. It only comes out in the dry and let's face it we don't get much sun.

It's going to come down to is the car going to get a good price or is it worth more to break it.

What do you think?
    Its a fine looking car but probly be worth more in parts , so first dibs on seats harnesses and coilovers

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

depends if you want a lump sum or in bits. always worth more breaking, ignoring time to strip, advertise, wrapping and post. oh, and assuming you sell all the parts and shell, suppose thats down to the goodies

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i wouldnt sell it at the end of a rubbish summer, you will be lucky to get half what its worth, spend a bit of time making it as mint as possible doing small jobs and cleaning then put it up for sale at the start of next summer with a 12 month ticket so you stand the best chance of getting top money

Post Thanks / Like

With the resto that's gone into this and the engine wrk it's gota be worth top doller espesh with the oe look on the outside, bar the wheels, I would defo buy it if I had Pleanty of wonga

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Autosport View Post
    i wouldnt sell it at the end of a rubbish summer, you will be lucky to get half what its worth, spend a bit of time making it as mint as possible doing small jobs and cleaning then put it up for sale at the start of next summer with a 12 month ticket so you stand the best chance of getting top money
    Lol I don't think i could get it it any cleaner the whole restoration got a bit OCD and I have bills to prove it. Agree maybe next year might get me a better price.

Give some members a chance to get saving

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andyturbo! View Post
    With the resto that's gone into this and the engine wrk it's gota be worth top doller espesh with the oe look on the outside, bar the wheels, I would defo buy it if I had Pleanty of wonga
    Don't you say the arrows are horrible too

Post Thanks / Like

I like the arrows I'd buy it in a flash!! Do we have a number on it?

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil, pm me a price you would be happy to accept....

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you say the arrows are horrible too

No mate I love em to be honest I just meant it looks nice and oe on the outside apart from not having original wheels, if I had an idea on price I cud start saving and sell mine! Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Phil, pm me a price you would be happy to accept....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Yeah, not been on here long but even I know that's a right hoot

Post Thanks / Like

Phil, you will regret it. Sell this and theres no chance of ever having another r5, they will always be second best to this one. one of the mintest cars in this club.... Fact!!!!

...... Oh and your a miserable kn0b jockey!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did have an offer of 6k from a member just a few months back, not sure how genuine it was though. I have bills for just under 11k, some of that can be written off in labour to get some jobs done I could not do.

Would 6 have been a good price?

Post Thanks / Like

i would say £5k+ is very very good money for a 5, so if you had a genuine offer of £6k and you would be happy with that i would look into it... Try and get more if you want more...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrixNFlix View Post
    Phil, you will regret it. Sell this and theres no chance of ever having another r5, they will always be second best to this one. one of the mintest cars in this club.... Fact!!!!

...... Oh and your a miserable kn0b jockey!!!

Agree on the car not on the latter

Andy I just hoped for more meets, days out, trackdays and it just does not happen, family has to come first. I only get my Sunday's with then, so being under or out in the car just takes up to much time.

Someone needs to fit a paddle and a big blower and it would be a great car.

Post Thanks / Like

I did have an offer of 6k from a member just a few months back, not sure how genuine it was though. I have bills for just under 11k, some of that can be written off in labour to get some jobs done I could not do.

Would 6 have been a good price?
    I wud have sed around 5k so yeah I wud say 6 is a good price, it's such a shame tho that ppl prob wudnt pay more as front your progress thread it's clearly worth loads more with the work that's gone into it. Wot power is it running and at wot boost ect

Post Thanks / Like

Don't sell up mate. You know you'll regret it, then will go through all the pain of trying to buy it back, or back to square one mod'ing another GTT to your spec.

Hold on, this all sounds familiar...

Post Thanks / Like

Don't sell up mate. You know you'll regret it, then will go through all the pain of trying to buy it back, or back to square one mod'ing another GTT to your spec.

or sell it to somebody who will most likely sell it on (with the offer for you to have it back after a week or so )

Post Thanks / Like

i would say £5k+ is very very good money for a 5, so if you had a genuine offer of £6k and you would be happy with that i would look into it... Try and get more if you want more...
    I was tempted, realy tempted, its such a big desision with all the time and money, I can not just pop out and buy another like it. So the money for it does have to worth the loss

Post Thanks / Like

Phil, go and park the car at a friends house for a month... If you miss it you know to keep it...if not.... Sell it

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know power wise, don't think anyone has ran the profiled cam and similar engine on the dyno. It has a low and high boost 14 and 16 psi pulls well even with the t2. Fuelling is spot on no tricking the maf. I guess 160-170, car would make more with a big blower but I wanted a quick 0-100 car not to fussed on the big hps

Post Thanks / Like

Phil, go and park the car at a friends house for a month... If you miss it you know to keep it...if not.... Sell it
    It would have to be in a nice dry garage, good idea though

Post Thanks / Like

It would have to be in a nice dry garage, good idea though
    Pop it down to mine. I'll look after it for a month, keeping it in a year old garage.
    Tell you what, I'll even take it on track at national day for you while your on hol... Can't say fairer than that !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrixNFlix View Post
    Pop it down to mine. I'll look after it for a month, keeping it in a year old garage.
    Tell you what, I'll even take it on track at national day for you while your on hol... Can't say fairer than that !
    What an offer Andy

Post Thanks / Like

don't sell it matey. You've put too much time and effort into it just to get rid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWARTZ View Post
    don't sell it matey. You've put too much time and effort into it just to get rid.

I have cadwell this sat and knockhill in aug, im going to decide after them. It pains me gary but i just don't use it, it never comes out the garage mate

Its really hard when you have family commitments and a lack of time to spend on it.

I will test the water later this year and if it does not sell try again early next summer, in the mean time work out what i could get if i broke it up for parts.

i had a run out last night to test my brakes after bleeding them again and a classic scooby can vouch for how well it go's

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone wants to sell them when they yacht driven it for a while, but when you take it for a blast your faith is restored
    If you're worried about driving it in case you damage it we could swap

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil... in short, stop being gay..., i run a buisness and have a wife and two year old...in short no time.., i own three 5`s and a meggy 225, i do as many hillclimbs/sprints an track days as poss etc , the rowan car has been used once this year, will be used again @ blyton...err i hope, let me just say this, think about all youve done, WHY you did it etc etc..., the megane i could sell tom, the 5`s..hmm thats a different matter, i just know id of lost my right arm if i had to part company with them..., bud, she is a one off, that on those special days that daddy gets out you and her have a blast..., keep it bud or be back on here in two weeks after the sales gone through asking for another.... some poeple will be on these boards forever.., if your one of those strange people... then youll NEED your car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    Phil... in short, stop being gay..., i run a buisness and have a wife and two year old...in short no time.., i own three 5`s and a meggy 225, i do as many hillclimbs/sprints an track days as poss etc , the rowan car has been used once this year, will be used again @ blyton...err i hope, let me just say this, think about all youve done, WHY you did it etc etc..., the megane i could sell tom, the 5`s..hmm thats a different matter, i just know id of lost my right arm if i had to part company with them..., bud, she is a one off, that on those special days that daddy gets out you and her have a blast..., keep it bud or be back on here in two weeks after the sales gone through asking for another.... some poeple will be on these boards forever.., if your one of those strange people... then youll NEED your car.
    Don't sit on the fence mat I'm at cadwell this weekend and knockhill next month, let's see how I feel

Post Thanks / Like

been there done that you will want another

Post Thanks / Like

Don't sit on the fence mat I'm at cadwell this weekend and knockhill next month, let's see how I feel
    ... good man, ill spare the link to the "gay bar" song..., thats that then...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have this dilema after Blyton

Post Thanks / Like

Don't sell I mate. If you do, like said above. You will regret it then go and buy another one. Then with your OCD throw loads of cash at it then be back to where you are now! Keep it and enjoy it. If it is as mint as said then its great to just have a car of that stature!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by royz View Post
    been there done that you will want another
    Yep, on it again already

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see what the problem is if it's Sat happily in a garage, as long as you keep it ticking over why not just let it sit there for when you want/have the time to use it.

My raider does pretty much the same as yours but I haven't once considered selling it because to me it's worth more than anyone would want to pay for it.

Even if I only use it once a year it's still worth it for the smile it puts on my face when I do use it.

So no brainer really.......KEEP IT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTphil View Post
    I don't see what the problem is if it's Sat happily in a garage, as long as you keep it ticking over why not just let it sit there for when you want/have the time to use it.

My raider does pretty much the same as yours but I haven't once considered selling it because to me it's worth more than anyone would want to pay for it.

Even if I only use it once a year it's still worth it for the smile it puts on my face when I do use it.

So no brainer really.......KEEP IT!
    word to ya mother..... an he`s lookin after babies...

Post Thanks / Like

as above, keep it as you'll regret letting it go!

I hardly use mine but when I do, man its a giggle!

Post Thanks / Like

Well the old girl made it to cadwell ok, I will have a good drive in her tomorrow