Post Thanks / Like

door hinges..

still available from renault?? also i need the stupid little piece of plastic that wraps around the latch itself as is gone and the door dosnt want to shut, anyone know if its worth the trip to the local dealer??...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: door hinges..

Quote Originally Posted by alex johnston View Post
    still available from renault?? also i need the stupid little piece of plastic that wraps around the latch itself as is gone and the door dosnt want to shut, anyone know if its worth the trip to the local dealer??...
    Not sure mate. I'm in the same boat as you :/

Post Thanks / Like

you can use somethin else like a few rounds of electrical tape,,, it probly will shut,,, i did this for a while.. (a few years).. untill... it stopped shutting even with the tape on.. In this case im sure its the locking mechanism thingy the problem now.. wd40 will help too.. If the door doesnt align properly.. it doesnt help either...

Post Thanks / Like

The locking mech probably needs freeing off if the door wont shut properly. You could repair the original striker with some plastic tube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    The locking mech probably needs freeing off if the door wont shut properly. You could repair the original striker with some plastic tube

what does 'freeing off' mean?

I find sometimes if it doesnt shut after about 3 attempts of slamming lol... if sometimes i push the lock down, the door shuts which is strange. Doesnt work all the time.. why?

if not,, i get it,, open the window fully, try to shut,, then pull door hard to shut lol

Post Thanks / Like

im just after the part number if there is one for the new bits, used tape before, and the door shut, and never opened again, had to grind it off, door pins anyone?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic but I've spent a few Saturdays now trying to get my door hinges out,they are the barrel type and have had no luck, has any one tried a hydraulic jack to get them out before as this is what I'm going to try at the weekend