Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: £££+ideas=speed

Quote Originally Posted by BluntyR5GTT View Post
    sounds like needle valve might be required, also worth checking what size 2nd stage is. whats the actual spec of ur carb?
    I dont actually know blunty, whatevers happening i think the fueling is far too lean. Ive been out "testing" in it today and at full boost at 6k in 3rd the engine is jerking badly with no acceleration even with your pedal to the metal. Am going to speak to justin tomorrow an if it turns out ive got to have my carb messed with i may need to buy that needle off you.

If its any consequence the carb was previously built for the full T25@15psi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gttjames View Post
    at what boost roughly will you need a 2mm needle valve? And where do you get them from, thanks
    You don't need a 2mm needle valve, i find they cause the bogging down between gear changes when using one
    Way i got round this was fitting a surge tank in the back but also uping fuel pressure alittle will keep the bowl full while using standard neelde valve. I know Brigsy has done this and seems to be working well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    I dont actually know blunty, whatevers happening i think the fueling is far too lean. Ive been out "testing" in it today and at full boost at 6k in 3rd the engine is jerking badly with no acceleration even with your pedal to the metal. Am going to speak to justin tomorrow an if it turns out ive got to have my carb messed with i may need to buy that needle off you.

If its any consequence the carb was previously built for the full T25@15psi.
    Dont keep trying at these pressures it will cause damage. if its holding back on full throttle then somethings not right. 15 psi at 6k in 3rd should be flying never mind 24psi.
    Turn it down to 15 then try it(15psi on a t28 flows more than 15 psi on a t25) roughly...
    if it feels fine then gradually turn it up to the point you start to have issues, probably around 18-20 ish i would say. mine bogs from 2nd to 3rd sometimes if i dont change quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    the lag of the t28 is like trying to palm one out while mums in the next room.. just when your about up to speed to give it some you have to slow down

it takes away the smiles per mile, but when you do hit da boost, you look like

Forget the 5 I want the dog it's ace

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE!!!!!

Well, ive found the problem and it was staring me in the face all along!

The little blue stopper on the lobster outlet had fired off it was staring me in the face all along and i never noticed it!!!

A little pic of the T28 beast.....

Post Thanks / Like

Isnt that the overboost swith still connected ?

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to fit an m6 bolt in the spare port on the carb top, mine had a bolt in blanking it off from new.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
    Isnt that the overboost swith still connected ?
    Yes mate, its been turned up and adjusted to suit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    You should be able to fit an m6 bolt in the spare port on the carb top, mine had a bolt in blanking it off from new.
    The bung has been well and truly superglued on! If it happens again ill get one of the lads from work to TIG it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Put a zip tie round it mate, superglue is no good lol. You should have all the vacuum hoses ziptied on, when i pressurised my boost circuit up various vacuum hoses popped off at 1.5bar

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just looking at all your vacumn hoses, it may be the pics but something don't look right with them just don't seem to be going to all the right places

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    Put a zip tie round it mate, superglue is no good lol. You should have all the vacuum hoses ziptied on, when i pressurised my boost circuit up various vacuum hoses popped off at 1.5bar
    TBH your right, since ive gone up by .7 of a bar pipes all over the shop have been firing off!!!

The boost is unbelievable when it comes in, dont get me wrong i loved my T25@15psi for bouncing around town. But when it comes to mental straight line speed, only T28 will feed my addiction!!!!

Did notice a little whine from the turbo earlier but no smoke, sounded pretty gangsta tbh

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE

Well what a month.......................about two weeks ago i was peforming a big overtake up a %10 1 mile gradient hill at full chat when....................B O O M !
    More white smoke than a steam engine managed to get her home without boosting with about 20 stalls as the idle wasnt idle anymore!

Had the head removed and had it skimmed by justin who later informed me that my ported and polished head wasnt very ported or polished (crap 1 hour job) so he's now doing the biz on it for me (multi angled valve/maxed ports etc etc) so hooray for the head rebuild!!!

Fitted a innovate afr kit and got all the rest of the samcos to finish the bay off when the rebuild is complete, relocated the head back to its original home.
    Blunty sourced me all the same carb needles and jets he is running on his carb so hopefully with the right setup i wont be too far behind him
    Also aquired new uprated gaskets and bolts from mike 16v with some new water maifold plugs too.

Another good piece of mind for me is that when i got sold the car other than the illusive "ported polished head" the seller quoted a full bottom end rebuild............ thank god that part was right, when the head came off it became apparent after some messing that new perfect circles, liners, shells etc were fitted. 1 out of 2 isnt bad eh?

So as far as my first BIG blow up goes after 3 months ownership, well it hasnt dented my enthusiasm WHATSOEVER shame about the wallet!
    Bit gutted i missed Bluntys WGT dyno day last weekend but obv the reno had other ideas!
    Will have some pics up soon to document the work and roll on Friday/Saturday when we put the hunt back into red october

Post Thanks / Like

Question is what caused it to go bang in the first place, you need to know so it doesn't happen again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Question is what caused it to go bang in the first place, you need to know so it doesn't happen again
    Too much boost coupled with having no permament AFR, either too lean or too rich.

Post Thanks / Like

DET baby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWARTZ View Post
    DET baby
    I am not enjoying DET, hopefully jutto's got some cans on friday so this wont be happening again.

Post Thanks / Like

Never a good idea full boosting it if you have no idea what the AFR's were or hadn't had carb set up for it, lesson learnt we all been there

One thing will say, see you got a 'large venturi' carb on there. I'd be swaping that back for a standard sized venturi when doing the carb