Post Thanks / Like

Parking ticket advice...

Hi all, i got a ticket about a month ago, not a traffic warden but a private firm, they wanted £80 or £112 if i paid late.
    Circumstances..

I nipped into the town quick to do a job (i'm a window cleaner) & i usually park in odd places & the traffic wardens round my way are usually fine as i'm only usually 15-20mins max, i parked under a local carpark that i assumed was council owned, parked right on the end & went off, come back & got said ticket on the car, immediatly phoned & explained, lady on the phone said it was to soon to do anything as they won't of had the photo & details yet, i write a letter expalining & get one back saying my appeal had been turned down I then leave it out of protest & i get a letter yesterday & it's now gone up £80 feckin quid
    Am i screwed & will i have to pay it or is it worth taking a chance & going to court over it ??

There was a no parking sign but nothing about a private firm & parking charges where i parked, although there is one about 30ft away that i wouldn't have seen...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Parking ticket advice...

It'S ok, i've sorted it now, amazing what a phone call can do

Post Thanks / Like

It could be worth speaking to the local council to find out if this parking/security company is official? That they have the necessary permissions to operate in that street etc. I dont know how it all works but would imagine the council must know which security/clamping companies are operating in their areas.

With a bit of luck, you may find out that its a rogue outfit who wouldnt have a leg to stand on if you took them to court. (he says, ever the optomist)

Good luck though. I cant stand those firms. Been stung with a couple of £80 clamps in my time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    It'S ok, i've sorted it now, amazing what a phone call can do
    What happened then!?

Post Thanks / Like

Phoned up, explained the above again & got an understanding person i suppose

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Phoned up, explained the above again & got an understanding person i suppose
    At least you got it sorted though matey.