Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

weld on coil overs but what springs? length? weight?

Right got to lower my roller skate of a clio cheapest lowering kit is springs...60 quid for some, not bad till I seen it lowers it 60mm on the front, I think this is a bit excessive and I like to mess about so seen these weld on coil over kits for like 26 quid and I know the 2.25 springs are not that dear but say I cut the "cup" off the std front strut and weld a threaded sleeve on.......where do I go from there? How do I know if what I order will go coil bound or not long enough or to long HELP.

its a 1.4 16 v clio (182 shape) I want adjustable ride height for pennys please

Post Thanks / Like

Re: weld on coil overs but what springs? length? weight?

you tight arse!

y don't you bodge it and just cut the springs down for fun!!!!! LOL thats proper tight arse!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ive been looking at the coils ect but i think me cutting the springs will just turn into a 60mm drop anyway i want hight adjustable

Post Thanks / Like

be carefull welding onto shocks.... one false move and you will have a nice flaming jet of gas

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    be carefull welding onto shocks.... one false move and you will have a nice flaming jet of gas
    I do know I did it to office chair lmao. Think it will be a case of broken arc and swap between the two shocks going to search the boards for the most popular aftermarket 2.25" coil over spring I.e length and rate and go from there. Should manage to make some high adjustable suspension for 70 quid

Post Thanks / Like

all because a spring is advertised as '60mm' its probly far from that more like 35mm....
    sometimes....