Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

air lock

hi everybody, after fitting new oil cooler and alloy rad, what is the best way to get rid of air locks in the water system? do i leave the header tank lid off and bleed screws undone whilst running the car up to temperature?? p.s its a renault 5 gt turbo phase two,,, many thanks y'all

Post Thanks / Like

Re: air lock

several ways to do it but ive found the best way is while filling the water system
    hold the water tank up as high as you can then undo the bleed screw small hose water pump .1st wait till water runs free then do the same with the top rad hose then take the 5 out for a slowish run wait a few miles then open the bleed screw small hose water pump side close it then top hose then all your air will be gone

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mightymanx View Post
    several ways to do it but ive found the best way is while filling the water system
    hold the water tank up as high as you can then undo the bleed screw small hose water pump .1st wait till water runs free then do the same with the top rad hose then take the 5 out for a slowish run wait a few miles then open the bleed screw small hose water pump side close it then top hose then all your air will be gone
    great, thank you so much for that info buddy most kind of you will try all that when i get a chance to work on it again

Post Thanks / Like

i just put my mouth round the header tank and blow.. get a mate to udo the bleed screw on the small hose until nothing but coolant flows, then do the same with the top rad hose bleed screw.

always worked for me and takes seconds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_clioGTT View Post
    i just put my mouth round the header tank and blow.. get a mate to udo the bleed screw on the small hose until nothing but coolant flows, then do the same with the top rad hose bleed screw.

always worked for me and takes seconds.
    same here but i have to say the taste of antifreeze is shocking!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robx1r View Post
    same here but i have to say the taste of antifreeze is shocking!
    hahaha thats funny good idea though, and saves money on buying cider to get drunk