Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

turbo

hi again, another silly question about me renault 5 gt turbo,,,
    the short hose that comes off the bottom of the turbo, is that an oil or water hose? and what bore size is the rubber hose so i can find a silicon version as mine looks like its starting to split? thanks sooooo much you are all very helpful

Post Thanks / Like

Re: turbo

oil return connects to a metal pipe that goes to another rubber bend on to the sump. phs1 and 2 are different, i think 19 and 21mm but not 100%

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    oil return connects to a metal pipe that goes to another rubber bend on to the sump. phs1 and 2 are different, i think 19 and 21mm but not 100%
    smart thanks tony, mine is a standard phase two turbo so would that be 21mm? maybe i could use a dump valve silicon pipe the short pipe that connects the dump valve to the metal t-piece??

Post Thanks / Like

its not under alot of pressure so whatever you can get to reach can bodge it but..... bear in mind std rubber hose will not last long with oil flowing through it. i dont think the pipes cost alot in silicone form.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    its not under alot of pressure so whatever you can get to reach can bodge it but..... bear in mind std rubber hose will not last long with oil flowing through it. i dont think the pipes cost alot in silicone form.
    fantastic thanks tony you da man very much apreciated

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

as tony has said i wouldnt leave it bodged for long especially if the hose you use isnt going to have a nice smooth bend in it. definatley buy a 90 degree samco oil hose