Post Thanks / Like

Sad :(

Keep reading posts on here about people going out in their fives, having fun, tickling some boost, having minor issues and no big deal to fix them usually

And here's me, I have a five, driven it a couple of times but never fully opened it up. Engine is completely dead now and needs replacing.

Trouble is, I've moved back to my parents house and I can't do any work to the car there, and I'm struggling to find a local garage to rent to fix her.

Sigh! Just want to get a new engine built and get the thing running for more than 5 minutes without blowing hoses and pissing coolant everywhere, and actually experience driving the damn thing!

Soon... i hope....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sad :(

Sounds bad mate.It's never good when the gt blues set in.I would think there arte plenty of members on here who would be moer than happy to help you and take a look at your engine.You might find you do not need to reuild it take quite a lot of damage to warrent a rebuild.Hoses are just old now and tend to give up easly if you look on ebay you will find silicone hoses likts for cheap new and used.
    Keep the faith and you will come out the other side with a good car.

You must remember gt are old and need love

Post Thanks / Like

i'd happily do it fella but i'm not exactly local, now my 11 is finished i've got loads of room and no project to keep me out the house lol

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many really knowledgeable people on here, hopefully some might live close enough to you to help, check out the members map.... i've been really (pleasantly) surprised how many members are so keen to help out, it seems even more so than a few years back when i was a member....

Mine's off the road too and i've had it two months and driven it twice (first time broke down but once you get it back on the road, whenever that might be, it'll be so worth it

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, been a while since I posted this up!

I managed to get hold of a council garage about a year ago, and was borrowing a garage from a friend before that so i've been slowly fixing her up. She's running now, sweet as a nut. STILL haven't driven it, will be purchasing tyres and some insurance when I get paid, then if i've got enough change left over i'll be sending her for an MOT

Still need to purchase an AFR and fit my new one piece downpipe and 2.5" side exit so I can get it set up, but for the mean time i'll just pootle around and run the engine in as it's had new shells in the bottom end.

Anyone local to Loughborough that could help get the carb set up? I don't know a lot about carb tuning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    i'd happily do it fella but i'm not exactly local, now my 11 is finished i've got loads of room and no project to keep me out the house lol
    You can stick this f7p I've got here in mine if your that bored !!

Post Thanks / Like

Loughborough, parked in the garage...

I was speaking to a mate of mine yesterday, Dan, who works at Rolls-Royce in Derby and he was telling me he knows someone in the exact situation above. He said he joked about GTT's having oil leaks and the owner replied in jest, "yeah, that's how you know there's some in there." Lol.

It's not you is it Chunk?

Post Thanks / Like

im in exactly the same situation. brought my car drive it home took it to peices and been slowly putting it back together ever since im sure we will all get there eventually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Loughborough, parked in the garage...

I was speaking to a mate of mine yesterday, Dan, who works at Rolls-Royce in Derby and he was telling me he knows someone in the exact situation above. He said he joked about GTT's having oil leaks and the owner replied in jest, "yeah, that's how you know there's some in there." Lol.

It's not you is it Chunk?
    No, don't think that's me! Mine doesn't actually leak any oil (apart from a weep on the gearbox selector). I guess i must be lucky..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
    actually leak any oil (apart from a weep on the gearbox selector). I guess i must be lucky..
    You sure there is some in ?

Post Thanks / Like

No worries Chunk.

Keep an eye out for another Loughborough member then! I'll find out what colour GTT he has

Post Thanks / Like

Thats Brett haha

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know him Dean? Is he a member here?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, Brett, dunno why it didn't twig!

We both know Brett, he has a white GTT. Just fitted a 220bhp C1J with a T28 turbo to get it back on the road.