South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calsonic intercoolers?

What do people think of the calsonic intercoolers form Skylines? I've heard lots of good things and might change my set up as I have been offered one cheap. Nissan want 2500 quid for a new one!!! Are the cores really that good???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Calsonic intercoolers?

Never heard of them but that's proper money. I've read that Mark Sheed at MAD are loveing garrett bar and plat intercoolers at the mo. Think they are seeing only slight higher then ambient temps at 2.5+ bar boost with a cooler that has less surface area then the normal rs 500 size core.

Post Thanks / Like

Calsonic is Japan's equivalent to, say, Valeo.

That's not to say they're cr8p or anything like that, but don't go thinking they're a platinum product, one-off specials, type manufacturer!

Nowt wrong with their intercoolers though - You won't go far wrong with a Skyline unit in situ.

Bar & plate intercoolers have been around for donkeys. Probably a bit of marketing shpiel from Garrett (akin to they're GTX range of blowers), and everyone thinks it's the 'must have' item of the moment

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mart, I might leave it for now as moving house and need to save dosh, but the last book I read rated them highly too, apparently they have internal deflectors to ensure even flow through the core etc, and I like the end tanks, they look like they will flow well...

Garrett branching out... Must be some good advertising!