Post Thanks / Like

Buying from abroad

I've found a turbo on ebay but it's in Romania, the seller has 100% feedback but from what I can see it's all buyer feedback (75) is it worth the risk ?
    It's a 2871r, so has BB core which is the main thing putting me off as I wouldn't be able to test it till I got the car running which won't be till mid Oct I think...

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buying from abroad

Personally I would they accept paypal and you will get the paypal buyer protection which does actually work as I have used it a few times just takes time. You will want the item sent via courier though and a reference provided to you.

Suppose the downside is when will you be ready to test the turbo as you only have a certain time frame to try it out and report any dispute with paypal.

I have my fastchips ECU you are welcome to try for now to make sure it works

Post Thanks / Like

Paypal buyer protection does work trust me I got well and truly scammed by some Cnut in Portugal, what made it worse is that parcel2go would not honor a claim!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    Paypal buyer protection does work trust me I got well and truly scammed by some Cnut in Portugal, what made it worse is that parcel2go would not honor a claim!!!!!!!!
    My paypal is linked to my bank account/debit card & not a CC so no back up there, what worries me is that the seller does me over & removes thier bank account so paypal can't get the cash, doubt they will pay me out then.. or do they sort you out no matter what ?
    I despise paypal

Post Thanks / Like

id never buy a second hand turbo..............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    whats the address im off to portugal in november....
    anywhere near faro?....