Post Thanks / Like

Help needed !

With motivation to finish my bloody car, lol.
    Been so busy lately, then away last weekend, moving in a few weeks & seem to have zero motivation to finish the car now, I'm waiting on a few dowty seals & need a few nuts & bolts & it's ready to drop in but I just can't be arsed anymore, lost all enthusiasm for it
    Getting the engine from my shed to the car will be interesting enough as I need to drag it 100 yards & can't use the hoist
    Then I have this fear the wiring is all wrong as well in the back of my mind

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help needed !

I'll save you the hassle mate and buy the whole lot off you for a few hundred quid

Come on steve just think of what it will be like driving the car again in this weather just try and crack on mate a good incentive for you would be to see robbies turbo ted as he is now up and running and looks very smart

If I was closer mate and didn't have mine to finish I would be more than happy to help

Post Thanks / Like

i am in the same boat lost all intrest , ran out of money and time , from moving from my flat back to my mums , i really want to finish but just dont know where to start , got an engine to build and a car to finish fuel lines ,brake lines to fit , and i just want to crack on but dont know where to begin , maybe i will finish it 1 day

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve, I can give you a hand matey not a problem, hmmm I am thinking wheel barrow the engine from the rear of the garden to the front of the house, prob need a couple of us to do it and then use hoise to get it into the 5.

Wonder if some of the old SAT team fancy coming down to help one eve Come on Dave..H, Chris

Where abouts you moving to matey??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Steve, I can give you a hand matey not a problem, hmmm I am thinking wheel barrow the engine from the rear of the garden to the front of the house, prob need a couple of us to do it and then use hoise to get it into the 5.
    That's how I did mine then a couple of us just lifted it in by hand although there was no gearbox attached.

Leeds & South Yorkshire Area Rep
    Loose Bolts Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

If you get stuck in over the next couple of long weekends, then i am sure you will light at the end of the tunnel. getting the engine in is the easy part, the trouble with engine conversions is that you forget about all the silly little thing that dont fit and stuff you have to make etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me about it, need to make the downpipe yet, have a feeling I will need to remove the front panel & gearbox to get it in as well

Post Thanks / Like

A skateboard/sackbarrow would help wouldn't it, James may have something kicking around?

Yep robbies will defo give you insperation to finish... It looks the nads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post

Wonder if some of the old SAT team fancy coming down to help one eve Come on Dave..H, Chris

Where abouts you moving to matey??

I'll see if I can make time over the next few days, if not next week some time, even if it's a couple of eves, just want it in, if it doesn't start I'm gonna go standalone, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

If you need hand with wiring mate i could help you out, i got it sussed now wiring the 16v's up on the original ecu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    If you need hand with wiring mate i could help you out, i got it sussed now wiring the 16v's up on the original ecu.
    Cheers mate, may give you a call if she won't play ball, fingers crossed though I have done the wiring ok, I just need to wire in some switched & perm lives I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    With motivation to finish my bloody car, lol.
    Been so busy lately, then away last weekend, moving in a few weeks & seem to have zero motivation to finish the car now, I'm waiting on a few dowty seals & need a few nuts & bolts & it's ready to drop in but I just can't be arsed anymore, lost all enthusiasm for it
    Getting the engine from my shed to the car will be interesting enough as I need to drag it 100 yards & can't use the hoist
    Then I have this fear the wiring is all wrong as well in the back of my mind
    how do you think they managed building the pyramids!!!

Post Thanks / Like

all you need is a good tea supply, possibly a bbq. then post up a thread on here

I'd be happy come to over and help if your not mega miles away